Fdisk help.

Lonman

Bleh!
When a drive has a primary - extended/logical partitions created on it, it's possible to delete and recreate the primary partition without losing the data on the extended/logical parititions. My question is this: If I delete the primary paritition and go to recreate it, do I have to use all the available space, or can I create it using 50% (example %) and use the other 50% in another partition without losing my original extended/logical partitions?

I found out. After I deleted the primary partition I could recreate it using 50% of that space. But there's no way to reclaim that other 50% using Fdisk because there's already an extended partition, and the space on the extended partition is already used by the logical partition(s). Interesting test though.

Disclaimer - if you play with Fdisk and wipe your whole drive out, don't blame me. /end disclaimer. :p

if you want to play deeper, try using Partition magic 7 it WILL let you add or create another partion using that 50% space.

:D

Disclaimer, blah the same thing you said :D

nIabI

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back