Fax Status Icon

J

jgessing

According to MS. After you have installed fax services, and are in the process of sending a fax, you are supposed to get a FAX status icon in your system tray.

So anyway, not worrying about that, I attempted to send a fax, and the number listed happened to have an answering machine on it.

I could not find a way to tell XP to hang-up, short of pulling the phone line out of the wall.

Now it keeps attempting to re-send the FAX !
No pending faxes appear in my fax monitor screen, and the afore mentioned fax icon in the system tray is still not there even after rebooting

I believe I have followed all of the rules, but I still get no FAX status icon.

Has anyone gotten XP's built in fax to work correctly ?

ain't there a way in control panel, printer & fax, to delete the job?

You would think, wouldn't you.
I can go to he properties of the FAX, which brings up the Fax monitor, showing incoming and outgoing faxes, however nothing is there.

It's like a phantom fax.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back