Favourite screensavers

My favorite screensaver is no screen saver ... They use resources and at times the resources don't come back once you go out of it, also screen savers are'nt really safe for you monitor ...

Depends which screensaver you use. 3D vivid sparks uses barely any resources, is basically a blank screen so it doesn't 'hurt' your monitor and you can most definitely get out of it :)

Originally posted by SnookBooger
Checkout the new Ford GT Website providing free screensaver and walls.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordgt/home.asp?bhcp=1

Tell em' the Snook sent ya...;)

That was a nice advert. I've got something better for sportscar fans - the Viper screensaver
http://www.quest3d.com/index.php?id=40
You'll need a reaonable video card though :)

Serenescreen is nice though that nag screen and the fact Micro$oft took over it is annoying. Aquarium 3D is similar (though not as graphically impressive) but without the abovementioned two let downs.

Dont forget the former b3ta screensaver, not the acuarium sh*t they got now (dont know if its available for downloading now), So funny and its never the same , since it takes those hilarious images from the site in real time

b3ta interesting but there are some weird pics I'd rather not have displayed.

Here's one for all you guys out there who treat your PC as your girlfriend's ideal alter ego :)

Virtual Intelligence Matrix
http://www.qflux.net/downloads.html
The Virtual Intelligence Matrix is a machine intelligence in the form of a 3D character who lives in a beautiful world by the ocean. The Virtual Intelligence (VI) explores the world, collecting seeds, which are then planted in an area that the VI is attracted to. The VI's garden grows, changing the state of the world, which in turn, changes the VI. Fascinating to watch, the VIM is driven by a model of human brain function, and will develop different behaviors with time. The program runs as a screensaver or as a stand-alone program for Windows.
VIMv1.0-007s.jpg

This was out when Voodoo 2 was still alive and kicking and has been continually updated since !

when ever i try to use flurry it doesnt work, its all weird looking and stuff. i know its not becasue i dont have a weak videocard (9500pro).

flurry troubles

I agree with
when ever i try to use flurry it doesnt work, its all weird looking and stuff. i know its not becasue i dont have a weak videocard (9500pro).

In fact when I did it and hit TEST button it hung my machine! (AMD Athlon 1.6GHZ!) - so I'm not sure I'll try it, except maybe to test my new XP 3GHZ next week!

Virtual Intelligence

The Virtual Intelligence Matrix is a machine intelligence in the form of a 3D character who lives in a beautiful world by the ocean.
OK - but on my download she just reads a book while you revolve 360o around - is this because I have to register to get the scenario you talk of? Or is that different from the screensaver?

It's quite cool, so I'd be interested to know... might even register (only ten bucks).

Re: Virtual Intelligence

Originally posted by MainframeGuy
OK - but on my download she just reads a book while you revolve 360o around - is this because I have to register to get the scenario you talk of? Or is that different from the screensaver?

It's quite cool, so I'd be interested to know... might even register (only ten bucks).

LOL. You downloaded VI Reader NOT VIM
Here's the proper link
http://www.qflux.net/VIMv1.0ENdemo.exe
:)

Here's one that I've used to completely fool someone witless. It might be only a small 47kb in size but boy does it pack a punch !

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/bluescreensaver.shtml

One of the most feared colors in the NT world is blue. The infamous Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) will pop up on an NT system whenever something has gone terribly wrong. Bluescreen is a screen saver that not only authentically mimics a BSOD, but will simulate startup screens seen during a system boot.
On NT 4.0 installations it simulates chkdsk of disk drives with errors!
On Win2K and Windows 9x it presents the Win2K startup splash screen, complete with rotating progress band and progress control updates!
On Windows XP it present the XP startup splash screen with progress bar!
Bluescreen cycles between different Blue Screens and simulated boots every 15 seconds or so. Virtually all the information shown on Bluescreen's BSOD and system start screen is obtained from your system configuration - its accuracy will fool even advanced NT developers. For example, the NT build number, processor revision, loaded drivers and addresses, disk drive characteristics, and memory size are all taken from the system Bluescreen is running on.

Use Bluescreen to amaze your friends and scare your enemies!

Bluescreen runs on Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows 9x (it requires DirectX).

C'mon guys. There are a whopping 28000 members in this forum and I'm sure most of you have a favourite screensaver of some description. Don't want to end up spamming my own thread :D
Keep those juicy posts rolling in...:)

Hey, coathanger007, I've found a really neat graphically intensive screensaver - you'll need a Ati 9800 or FX 5900 video card though.

Wow, thanks for the link coathanger007. Runs sluggishly but graphically breathtaking nonetheless :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back