Favourite Applications

N

Not Bman

Hey guys,

I just moved my system to Ubuntu 12.04. Leaving Windows for good (at least that is the plan) and wondering what your most used, favourite, awesome apps are for Linux?

Or even tricks/tweaks.

I shouldn't, but I just have to...

Wine

;)

SMPlayer, GIMP, Thunderbird

I went to Mac to Leave windows for good, but found it imposible to completely leave it because most of what I do for my business has to have windows installed. So I just have windows installed on bootcamp, with VMWare as the portal so I can easily switch between it and Mac without having to reboot.

*Although I am currently considering switching to Parellels because VMWare is a resource pig ..

Note: I've tried that wine stuff also. It uses Java and is more of a resource pig than VMWare...

I was the same way with the programs. I still haven't found anything that replaces Tag&Rename yet .. Sigh ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back