Fav OS X Apps?

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
itunes, safari, and their version of notepad (can't remember what it's called)

besides the stuff they give,
-illustrator
-indesign
-photoshop
-director mx

irc-minerva (i think)

*shrug* I have everything encoded into mp4.

Speedy, what is better about snapNDrag over the built in screen capture?

As far as ftp i use transmit.

Never liked the fact it captures to PDF, unless that can be changed?

Few people have recommended transmit actually, only thing that's keeping me away from it, is the fact it features a price tag, where-as RB/Lite (which I'm now used to) is free :)

I used to have this program called "Hyperstacks" for my Mac. Way better than this newfangled and confusing "HTML" and "PHP".

SPeedY_B said:
Never liked the fact it captures to PDF, unless that can be changed?

Few people have recommended transmit actually, only thing that's keeping me away from it, is the fact it features a price tag, where-as RB/Lite (which I'm now used to) is free :)

You can change the default capture to other formats. I don;t remember where you do this but Iwill try and find it for you.

I found a folder action that will convert the PDF screen captures to any other format on the fly. You can see it HERE.

There's nothing wrong with macs, some people are just scared of them.

Says the Apply b!itch :D

But seriously, Macs aren't as bad as people think.

Macs aren't bad at all. Don't understand why anyone would get that impression.

Switching over to somthing completely different, perhaps.

Possibly. I used to hump XP though, now look at how much I love my mac, and this is my first mac, it's not like I'd even used one (properly) before. (had used OSX previously for about 4 hours total, but only using IE to browse the web)

One thing I here from people is that they are so expensive. Which is really not true. Apple only uses the highest quality hardware in their computers. A similarily spec'd PC will be just as much and will lose it's resale value much quicker. Not to mention that the life of the Mac will be longer.

What else is useful that doesn't come with the OS...
system utilities?
security/spyware/pop-up stopper apps? -- I'm not sure how Macs differ from PCs on these issues
GUI apps?

Security: Just set system update to grab vital patches and alert you when they're ready to install, there's certainly no worry of spyware (No IE integrated into the o/s is a massive help to this), however there are security holes, as I say though, just use sys update and you'll be ok.

Pop-up stopping is built into the default web-browser (Safari) on the menu bar just click 'Safari' then 'Block Pop-Up Windows' to turn it on and off, alternatively hit Comamnd+K (Command is the "Apple key" on the keyboard).

Oh, and I'm sure that you're first impression of Safari will be that it's slow, however it's not, it appears to be slow due to the way in which it gathers data and paints the screen, without going into detail, it's basically an optical illusion and the end result is no slower than FireFox etc.

Not sure what you mean by GUI apps?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back