Fastest Memory out there

S

supershaun

I want the fastest memory out there as you may of guessed from the title.
I currently have
2x 256 2700 (nanya)
1x 512 2700 (nanya).
I want the best and fastest stock memory thats out there im not to good with the overclocking of anything (not through lack of trying) so if i could keep it all stock but fast that would be nice. You can see what mobo i have from my sig at the bottom.
Also Im after a new case all websites that ship to the UK please post as well. Thanx :D

OCZ ram at 512 3200 (ddr 400) with a cli of 2.0 is the fastest you will get
its also very good for overclockers.

yup OCZ is the fastest (and prolly the most expensive) ram you can buy and its all hand picked from the fab so you know its the best.

pc3500 ram is the fastest you can get at the moment, and 3700 should be just around the corner. These are just manufacturers titles of course, not JEDEC certified...

Look at the timings on that 3700, CL 2.5-3-3-7 2T (2-3-3-7 for the "gold") at 2.8V, what a joke, probably just rebadged low latency 3500. I would be putting my money with kingston hyperX 3500 for those prices, with ability to run low latency and probably run at 3700 speeds anyway (edit: I know you don't want to overclock though supershaun)

OCZ is no joke and they name there ram very loosely as in they have it at lower speeds then they can actually do, do some research on OCZ you WILL find it is the best ram around and you DO pay for what you get and then sum.

I didn't say OCZ are a joke, but those timings are. OCZ have been known to supply reviewers with the best pick of the litter and hence why you will find such good reviews on it. I know other companies do this too, but OCZ are well known for it. They seem to have cleaned up, but I'd still rather stick with kingston or corsair. Has anyone here got OCZ to give us some speed results, I don't like trusting reviews of anything...

Ok, I might try them out, ever RMA'd anything? Just want to know if they guarantee those speeds and how good their RMA process is.

iver personaly never had to RMA anything of there's back since they hand pick and test there ram there isn't a big chance that a bad stick will get through I have however had to send crucial and geil back :(

CORSAIR, always thrashed the ass off that OCZ shite

CMX512-3500C2
CMX512-3500C2PT 400 MHz 512 MB 64M x 64 184 DIMM 2-3-3-6-T1 DDR 32M x 8 CLICK HERE!
The CMX512-3500C2 is a 512 MByte, dual bank, ultra-performance DDR SDRAM DIMM screened specifically for gaming applications. This part has been selected by our Compatibility Lab for its outstanding performance in motherboards commonly used in gaming rigs. This memory has been verified to operate at 434MHz (2-3-3, 1T command rate). Generally, one 512 MByte module will outperform two 256 MByte modules in a given motherboard. Side-by-side comparison indicates that this is one of the fastest DDR modules available in the world.

WITHOUT having to crank the ram voltage up as most OCZ overclockers will find out :rolleyes:

and as for crucial ram... well they sold a guy a stick that didnt even work, he came limping in the shop yesterday to see if he was right, dead out the box.... and they claim its screened and tested RAM lmao, liar's

Sorry i didnt make it exactly clear, my board will only run upto 2700 as far as im aware i wanted the best 2700 ram & maybe a link to a site that could explain how to over clock that ram.

No, that board will run any stick you put in there. As you change the fsb, your ram speed will change. Ram speed also depends on your ram divider. Eg. your 2.8ghz @ 2.9ghz is 138fsb. The further you overclock, the higher ram speeds you can get. You probably have a 1:1 (276mhz), 3:4 (367mhz) and maybe a 4:5 divider (331mhz) with that board.

jumpy...
Originally posted by supershaun
im not to good with the overclocking of anything (not through lack of trying) so if i could keep it all stock but fast that would be nice.

shaun, even if you bought some medium-grade pc3200, you could run it at pc2700 with lower timings. just fyi in case medium grade pc3200 is cheaper than high performance pc2700.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back