Fastest Dvd Writer

22x doesn't sound too fast but i guess for a dvd burner its fast. I might pick on of these up when i go for a visit to India in 2 months.

Last edited:
Now out of money Bigstie....:dead: Anyway with 22x speed that DVD writer rockzz

I burn at 1/4 the maximum speed my drive allows because in my experience although *some* DVDs come out okay at the maximum burn speed, quite a few do not. This is using Verbatim DVD+R (or another brand that uses the exact same manufactured disc with their label on it). So typically I burn at 4x and never experience a problem.

This was after a year or two of burning DVDs using the maximum speed, and probably four years burning CDs at the maximum speed. I had read that advice (to burn slower) but didn't heed it until I experienced it myself. If it's worth having, it's worth having at a reliable quality, IMHO.

rule of thumb i use is burn the media you have on the lowest setting the burner supports burning to that media at, might take a bit longer per disc, but you will get a good steady burn, and you will make your drive last a bit longer

I agree with carpo, it will also make the disk readable by more drives. Something else you have to think about as well is that just because the burner is 22X doesn't mean the write speed will be that. You have to get a disk that can be burned at that speed. I have a 16x burner with 16x discs and it has never burnt at that speed when testing it at max speed ...

22X is almost 30 MB / s. That's quite good, if you ask me :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back