fastest download app?

you can only download as fast as your connection allows, if something is reporting speeds of faster than your caps, it is wrong.

the real reason for download managers is for resume and que

sometimes I have 50 downloads going at one time.

I set the manager to only allow 1 download at a time, everything else is downloaded in order fromt the que.

this way, I can still shave bandwidth for surfing, and have my downoads completed by the time I'm done on the internet.

I like using FlashGet 0.96 or 1.1 because one tweak of the registry and I can download from 30 connections/sources at the same time.
This tweak doesn't work with later versions of Flashget though. Haven't tried the tweak on 1.4 onwards though.

n what might leechget b..do u use it..explain a lil..wha speeds do you get?..
me i usually get 300kb/s jus regular dloading..unless its a really really slow server..

i have been using Download Mage for about 2yrs and there is nothing better in my opinion. no spyware and it has all the features you need. the only bad thing, and it's a major one, is that it is no longer supported.

Gary Pandher said:
n what might leechget b..do u use it..explain a lil..wha speeds do you get?..
me i usually get 300kb/s jus regular dloading..unless its a really really slow server..
Using KB might help others compare figures. :p
300/8 = 37.5KB/s

Depending on the server itself, I can get up to 52KB/s.

nettransport is like a super flashget...but it dosnt integrate with the browser properly

I use getright. Only for big dl's I must add. I use IE for stuff 40 meg or less. As for speeds, when on dial up I had 20k dialup, download accelerator would tell me I was downloading at 75k sometimes. I can't see any download being faster than your maximum connection speed.

ElementalDragon said:
it could have been 20KB and u were downloading at 75kbps. there is a difference.
Most probably precached.

j79zlr said:
you can only download as fast as your connection allows, if something is reporting speeds of faster than your caps, it is wrong.
Most of the time though whats slowing you down isn't your internet connection its the person your downloading from.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back