fastest download app?

Majin

DBZ - Yes its in me!
Im trying to find the fastest download manager out there...have used getright and nettransport.......getright works well but isnt fast and nettransport seems fast but dosnt work well. someone help :eek:

I use flashget and it does work for me quite nicely...

large files like driver packs and the like I don't bother downloading the conventional way anymore...

if you have an extra large file (like a large game demo)... open up several more new streams (max of 10) and speeds really pick up.

http://www.amazesoft.com/download.htm

I use Lightning Download v1.5..
It is from HeadLight (creators of Getright) but somehow.... this Lightning is much faster...
Uses all bandwith... in my pc 190 KB/sec.

yah I wasn't sure if it worked well but the dang thing gives me constant dl's of around 250-280 kbps and bursts of over 800kbps (sustained over several seconds)

compare that with my non-flashget dl's that'll be lucky to be over 100kbps constantly...

Sazar, i often get over 100kbps download speeds, and i don't even use a download manager. i really get good download speeds on FilePlanet's personal servers (meaning around the average of 1.4Mbps :D ) from Microsoft i think i usually get about 300kbps.

yes elemental... I get decent dl's from good sites BUT my dl speed is not constant... it usually gets a little slower over time... with flashget the same site that I am dling from... I am getting much higher dl rates and constant too... bursts are pretty impressive as well :D

if I was still staying next to uni I would not even consider it but since I am out in the boondocks the cable speeds here are a little less and therefore dl managers help more than they did @ my old place... :)

per dsl reports I used to have one of the better cable connections in the country... now its not so good lol...

I don't see how different download managers would be faster than others. Almost all of them use segmented downloading (in Getright, they use some other term in other managers). It really depends on your download source...

I've been using Getright for years, and I am very happy with it.

i was happy with getright tooo.....but its very slow compared to flashget :p or nettransport that thing is insane fast but has horrible integration ...flashget gets my vote now :)

Vern, some download managers handle segments differently than others. Look at DAP. that's a royal PoS when it comes to segmented downloads. lol

I have read that flashget comes with over 9 spywares, is it usable after getting rid of them?

I have popblockers and I use spybot... the only issue is that once everyblue moon there might be a singular ad pop-up which I really don't have a problem with... :)

its not something trying to take over the system...

scans after running flashget don't reveal anything malicious running in the background to me... so I spose its not all bad...

ElementalDragon said:
Vern, some download managers handle segments differently than others. Look at DAP. that's a royal PoS when it comes to segmented downloads. lol

LOL. I stand corrected.

I personally dont think any of them make a difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back