Far Cry Screenshots! Best looking game ever

Farcry is a great game in my opinion, especially since you tend to be able to chase marines around a tree (they go round it as do you and you can end up circling)

Although they aren't always quite as smart as advertised, I don't think they can climb ladders for example - I managed to sneak round and up a guard tower in the first level and kill the guard. This alerted everyone and to the games credit the marines did take cover behind trees / use flanking fire but one who was really close just milled aroudn the bottom of the tower ladder

i'll be getting it in a couple of days... it sure does look good :)

Yeah it certainly looks very good, however i havn't found it as playable as other fps, what do you guys think...? :confused:

I can't play it at all - damn thing crashes to desktop a soon as it loads up :mad:

Even loaded the 1.1 patch :(

just started playing... @ 10x7 @ teh moment... gonna go to 12x10 soon :D

are all the settings maxed?? and are you sure your gfx car is up to it? mind you with the rest of your system on second thought :)

well when I took teh shot above it... everything was max cept textures... I am now playing with max textures... :)

well a coupla shots from the carrier level @ the start... textures are @ high... not very high... every other detail is @ the highest level (which is why you see the bump-mapping) and the res is 12x10...

enjoy :)

-edit- btw goatman... if you are just making one line posts.. consider simply editing your previous post instead... unless someone has posted after you...

Attachments

• FarCry0003.jpg
    FarCry0003.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 231
One of my fav things in the carrier, if you shoot the walls in the right places, daylight will shine through... I found it by missing a baddy and there was a whole streak of bullet holes

wow your aim sucks :D

j/k

I set all my weapons if they support it to single shot... easier to get headshots... even with burst you can squeeze off a shot @ a time... I love the mp5 coz now I can go stealth... just about finished the research level... gonna put up a coupla screenies of it now...

I beat the game I just wish the editor had an actual community with a website with tutorials. I have tried everything using the manual for the editor and I still can't manage to get it working correctly.

what exactly is the difference in the "render modes" on the graphics options ? and which does people think looks he best ?? mines currently just on the defualt mode.

Sazar said:
well a coupla shots from the carrier level @ the start... textures are @ high... not very high... every other detail is @ the highest level (which is why you see the bump-mapping) and the res is 12x10...

enjoy :)

-edit- btw goatman... if you are just making one line posts.. consider simply editing your previous post instead... unless someone has posted after you...

I got the demo and realized that with screenshots like that, Id software and Valve have waited entirely too long to release their games.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back