Far Cry is better than I remembered

I must have just sucked at the game. I got the the first set of Trigens and had to start cheating. They kept on jumping on me from out of nowhere and than the dudes with the rocket launchers SUCKED. Even on god mode I'd stand there lobbing rockets at them forever before they went down.

well unlike you guys I just bought it like a month ago. It was 20 bucks at best buy. But with my 5200FX, I had everything turned LOW and couldn't enjoy it. 2 weeks ago I bought a 6800GT and man this game is awesome. Much better than that crap Doom3, IMO. Anyways just thought I'd post something today lol

Some people with decent video cards have trouble with this game, such as my friend who has a 9700 pro. I get better frame rates then him and I have a Geforce 4 T4800. It comes down to memory. I have 1 gig, he has 512, Its a very memory intensive game.

Yeah, I played this for the first time on my newly built machine...came free with my BFG 6800 Ultra...VERY nice game! Nice to have hardware that kicks the crap outta the software for a change! ;)

I'm currently playing it for the first time and I'm pretty irritated at it right now. I'll play for like a freakin hour with no save point and some monster will jump out and in one swipe, I'm dead. Then I have to go alllllllllllllllllllllllll the way back and do it again.:mad:

NathanA said:
Yeah, I played this for the first time on my newly built machine...came free with my BFG 6800 Ultra...VERY nice game! Nice to have hardware that kicks the crap outta the software for a change! ;)

**** yeah its a killer game ... we should get together and play FFA sometime via lan hosting. I dont mind if its with or without mods ..only thing though .. punkbuster is a must. Something fun about blasting people with taht m60 looking gun from across the map.

I played on some server where it was modded not to make shockwaves on the radar when firing with one exception ..there were no sniper rifles which rocked.

trainmaster77 said:
**** yeah its a killer game ... we should get together and play FFA sometime via lan hosting. I dont mind if its with or without mods ..only thing though .. punkbuster is a must. Something fun about blasting people with taht m60 looking gun from across the map.

I played on some server where it was modded not to make shockwaves on the radar when firing with one exception ..there were no sniper rifles which rocked.

Yeah that will be cool...just gott find some spare time...lol...seems like the quality and "newness" of my computers is directly proportional to the amount of free time that I don't have...lol

Reinstalled Far Cry and have been playing for a few days off and on. I need to apologize for jumping to conclusions before giving this game a fair review. Its an awesome game. My only complaint would be the body and facial movements with FC, pretty poor. Maybe the next version they'll take some developement hints from the HL2 people.

We'll I'm currently in the Swamp level and I can't figure out how to engage to rocket launcher on the back of the Humvee. The bad guys in the helicopter keep shooting me.

Well, either look in the options and see what it is.. or press "x" :p

Just finished today. I didn't use any cheats on the medium level. Wow, what an adventure and a couple of those levels were extremely hard at the end. Volcano was one but once through there it was all over. What a game. Right up there with HL2. I was such a doubter at first.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back