Fans or no Fans?

Eagle710

OSNN Senior Addict
My monitor when working for a few hours gets pretty hot i was wondering if i could put a regular fan the ones we use around the house beside it to keep it a bit cooler? Any suggestions would be much appreciated on what to do ... have a fan or not??? angle or which direction to blow at? My monitor is NEC Multisync LCD 1770GX.

Thanks

I would not worry about it too much. My LCD also gets very warm.

If you are worried, a fan pointed at it in such a way that the air gets moved through the holes that have been cut in the plastic by the manufacturer is good. Also, just getting it away from a wall by two inches or so will help as well.

Cooler is always better. keep the fan about 12 inhces away. You can get a 6 inch diameter fan for $5. Just run it at low speed and it should help and be fairly quiet. Make sure the fan is not blowing hot air from an air duct or the PC onto the monitor.

heh. you should see plasma tv's if you're worried about heat from an LCD. my parents have a 50" widescreen plasma HDTV..... it's like it's own little space heater. Then there's that really huge TV from i forget what company... think it's like 100".... has like 10 fans on the back that look like case fans to cool it.

OK thank you for your advice .. not sure yet what i will do ill see how moving it a little further from the wall will help if not then i will get a small fan.

Thanks

Eagle

Ok My monitor has been for just today done this thing where the screen goes black for like 3 seconds then comes back again. No loss of signal lost because the light remains GREEN instead of YELLOW. ANy advice?

Ok My monitor has been for just today done this thing where the screen goes black for like 3 seconds then comes back again. No loss of signal lost because the light remains GREEN instead of YELLOW. ANy advice?

Yup, if it is still under warrantee call the manufacturer. The inverter board that powers your backlight is dying. The backlight in all the LCD's besides the ones powered by LED's are powered by a certain high voltage, and not only that, but they have to take the DC power and convert it back to AC power. So that part is slowly dying a horrible death.

Happens all the time, I have one 19 " LCD monitor sitting somewhere in my room that has a bad inverter board. Sometimes it will work, and sometimes it will just not work.

all my stuff is near a window 24/7 - so all is rather cool most of the time :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back