Fans on/off Switches

shaunj66

H.T.I.D!
Hi all,
I have a total of 8 case fans in my case and they are very noisy, :p i was just wondering how easy it is to make ON/OFF switches for them? if i bought the switches (what kind would i need?) how easy or safe is it to wire them up?
all the fans that i would want to add switches to are connected to the psu (4 pin) not the motherboard of course ;) but they are also connected inline with my cd roms and hdds.

is it possible at all to do this? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

I dunno bout turning on and off... there are fan setting which turn the rpm's down depending on settings... high/med/low settings...

alternatively pop the side panel and unplug the fans (while computer is off to make sure you dont kill anything... incl yourself) and keep iit like that...

What you are looking for is something called a baybus kit... try to do a search on Google and see what fits your needs.

yeh i found one, but they are £30! any one know where you can get them cheaper in the UK?

Sorry I am in the USA and I dont know of cheaper. I look at it like this, if you want something that will work youcan always make it yourself and just get the parts from a hardware store. But if you want something reliable go with the BayBus system. I mean without the fans your system will over heat and could burn out. This is not an area you want to go cheap on IMO

if u just wanna turn em off manually - wivout fancy speed changers n stuff then just go n buy one (or more) cheap 2-way switch. Remember to break the RED wire when wiring up the switch. If u break the black wire then the fan is still live when the switch is turned off even tho it wont be spinning.

hope this helps!

hitechmods.com has instructions telling you all the parts and steps to build your own baybus i am planning on making one when i build my new PC seems pretty easy to build just make sure you pay attention and dont cross any wires

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back