Fan up to the job?

M

Mr Dead

I am currently running a thuderbird 1400 and have upgraded the heatsink and fan and under several hours of 100% load (dvd encoding) the temp never goes over 54C. I am now about to upgrade the processor to an XP 2100 (the fastest my mobo can handle). So the question is will the fan handle the job? Im sure I read somewhere that the thunderbird 1400 actually runs hotter than the XP 2100, if thats true I should be ok and save myself some bucks!!

What heatsink and fan do you have installed???

Best guess at the mo....get a new one!

My 1900+ runs at 36 DC with the thermalright slk 800 and an 80mm Delta...

I highly suggest that you get a new HSF, for the XP 2100. Since your OLD cpu runs at 54C, the new one will run a lot hotter.

I think you should get a volcano 9. ( thermaltake.com )

Mister Dead... check this out..

the 2100+ will run cooler than your current t-bird. this is because the athlon xp's are thoroughbreds with newer architecture and less heat dissipation. i have the same processor as you, and it gets up to 50 with moderate cooling... my friend's 1700+ (1.47ghz) doesn't go above 45 and that's without any case fans and an extremely quiet fan on his cpu (albiet excellent heatsink, same as me).

here's some hard proof:
http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/02q4/021001/images/image079.gif

while the xp 2100+ puts out about 62.4 watts of heat, your current t-bird is putting out 73.5 watts. the heatsink you have now should be fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back