Fallout 3

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
I bought Fallout 3 before Christmas but haven't had much chance to play it until now...

Does anyone else agree that it's the absolute dog's *******s? :)

I haven't enjoyed a single-player game this much since Deus Ex.

See, I loved the idea of F3. I loved the gameplay at first, too. Then I got so annoyed with all the bugs and glitches, constant freezing and general crap that I gave up and really just can't face playing it anymore.
Real pity, when they release some serious patches to fix it then I think it'll rate as my GOTY.

Played it, beat it. Super easy game. Could have been so much better than it was... one more overhyped title released by Bethesda. I love the fallout franchise and RPG's in general, but Fallout 3 felt dead and lifeless. Not to be confused with a dead and lifeless landscape, but the interactions felt dead. Much like oblivion, the game felt manufactured and lacked the more subtle touches of life that older developers were able to instil into their titles. Perhaps its a side effect of modern 3d gaming or something more abstract but either way its a real shame. The Fallout franchise has so much potential, only to be partially tapped and released as the medicore title Fallout 3.

There are a handful of PC mods for the game that are beginning to bring it to life and add more RPG elements. Such as eating and sleeping, and more realistic wildlife behavior. Things that make you afraid to get into that next skirmish, and rationing your Stimpacks and Radaway. To really feel like you are surviving in these dreadful wastes. The vanilla game lacks that feeling, handing out ammo and health like its candy. If you really want to treat yourself, give the modding community a bit longer and play the game modded out. Any self respecting gamer will be dissapointed with the vanilla game, of what could have been and what should have been.

tsk, tsk. xbox360 plays it much better. and it takes a LONG time to beat it. One perk, aside from #1 and 2, is you get a dog. His name is dogmeat. (If you havent found him yet, go to the scrapyard south of the minefield. Wander around until you hear shots and a dog barking. Help the dog. Be nice to him, and he will be your best friend.) I liked that. But people said he couldnt be killed. Bullcrap. got him killed 2x. But it is an amazing game. (at least with PC you can mod the weapons n stuff.)

Long time? I beat the main story, ran around and did a large handful of the side quests in about 30 hours. The combat was so easy it made the game boring even on the hardest difficulty level. I don't see how the platform has any bearing on this, both versions of the game (PC and console) are the same except for some graphical improvements on the PC side.

The game is interesting just because it is a massive world where you can explore pretty much everything Aprox.

I started off by running through in speed mode but then slowed down and went back to a lot of the old buildings. It is a joy to be able to just enjoy the game. The AI is dumb in some respects, yes, but c'est la vie. Far Cry 2 has worse AI in my opinion.

The different facets of character development are the key :) Most of my skills are nearly maxed and I am going to keep going till I have 100 on everything ;)

And on this game you don't have to do exactly what the game tells you to do. You can just go in and raid any of the towns; no one will think any worse the wear. (But you will get ur butt shot off, though.)

That's kinda part of the problem, the game tries to be everything to everyone. Min/Max power gamers cant quite powergame because a lot of the stat stuff is done behind the scenes. And RP'ers cant quite RP because the game caters to shoot first ask questions later type of players. And its all simplified to make it more 'accessible' to the average player. Personally, depending on the game I'll be a powergamer or a RPer. In this game that falls somewhere in between feels stale. I don't want a little of both I want one or the other. Traditionally western RPG's have been about immersion and RP elements, So I'd rather have that.

I love exploring as well Sazar, but the feeling of desperation while exploring is not there. It just feels like a quick nature walk with no -real- dangers. Most of the locations offer little incentive to explore. There are a handful of neat places but most of the time its just blurry textures that block your path from going any further or you run into a random trader that will trade you some trash for a few caps. I don't know, but to me that does not feel alive. It just feels plastic and fake and maybe even a little forced.

This is all my opinion of course, but I know I'm not alone in these points of view. There are a large number of people who feel this way. Its most definitely not game of the year material, but it gets it anyway because its the -in- thing to vote for the most hyped game. A popularity contest, like in high school. Not a true measure of a games quality and ingenuity.

And on this game you don't have to do exactly what the game tells you to do. You can just go in and raid any of the towns; no one will think any worse the wear. (But you will get ur butt shot off, though.)

This is the problem, If I were to raid a town and massacre its population I'd expect their to be major implications. Sure I'd expect to be shot at while attacking, but I would also expect people to come after me for killing their friends/family. I should go to other towns and have people hate me, and NOT be able to give a few bottles of water to some people and suddenly be in the clear. I mean really? Cmon. That's pretty ridiculous.

This is the problem, If I were to raid a town and massacre its population I'd expect their to be major implications. Sure I'd expect to be shot at while attacking, but I would also expect people to come after me for killing their friends/family. I should go to other towns and have people hate me, and NOT be able to give a few bottles of water to some people and suddenly be in the clear. I mean really? Cmon. That's pretty ridiculous.

That happens if you shoot someone in the boat. I had to wait ages in noclip mode before I could go back in after killing the guy looking for the android.

I love this game, LOVE it.

I beat it 3 times now, have all the achievements, and beat Operation Anchorage as well. And can't wait for the next 2 DLC's for it. I might beat it one more time, just for the hell of it, maybe do some more exploration. :)

There are better single player games out there imo.

Most of the RPG ones are sitting in my flat somewhere :D

I had i for ps3, it was really cool in the begining, but after about 10hrs of play it is the same routine over and over and over again. In about 20 hrs or so I had found everything on the map, completed all the side quests. I thought about playing for differnt Karmas pure good, pure evil, and such, but there was just no challenge in it even in hard mode.

I had i for ps3, it was really cool in the begining, but after about 10hrs of play it is the same routine over and over and over again. In about 20 hrs or so I had found everything on the map, completed all the side quests. I thought about playing for differnt Karmas pure good, pure evil, and such, but there was just no challenge in it even in hard mode.

You completed all main quests, all side quests, and explored and found every single place in the game under 20hours, thats bull. The main quests and side quests are easily 37hours.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back