Fallout 3

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Been playing it a lot over the last couple of days, and is great game and I recommended it to anybody who was thinking of buying it :) Been so busy on it I have not even un-wrapped fable 2 yet ;)

If anybody else has it let me know what you think :)

I am loving the game, been playing it since release.

One thing though, there should be a PC/Console Forum, since I am playing this on PC.

And onto talking about the game.

There are many issues with the game, in terms of problems that would be fixed in a patch. But overall the world and the things you can do, and the VATS system and just everything about the game is amazing. There is ton's of stuff to do. The only warning is that if you want to do everything, leave the main quest to the end otherwise you can't go back :)

And onto talking about the game.

There are many issues with the game, in terms of problems that would be fixed in a patch. But overall the world and the things you can do, and the VATS system and just everything about the game is amazing. There is ton's of stuff to do. The only warning is that if you want to do everything, leave the main quest to the end otherwise you can't go back :)

I have not hit any issues/bugs I can think of then again mine is the xbox360 version (collectors ed with the metal tin and pile of junk :D)
As for the the main quest its a good tip but is the usual practice for RPGs :)
Been playing them since the shining series on the mega drive ;)
I did find it was a little frustrating to get weapons early on but now I seem to have piles of them, also it can be annoying where traders only have a certain amount of cash and you can soon bleed them dry.
Overall a good game so far but not sure that its better than mass effect (then again I am biased to party RPGs especially bioware ones).

Yea I got the PC Collectors Edition,

Metal Lunch Box, Making Of DVD, Hardcover Art Book, Pipboy Bobble Head (awesome)!!

Been playing on PC myself, and I've been having fun but am disappointed with the combat and overall feel of the game. Its certainly not Fallout, but its still fun so I suppose that's all that matters for most people these days. It definitely suffers from the 'console' effect of most modern games, RPG's included. Hopefully with some decent mods we can turn this game from -okay - to awesome.

Got my copy from direct2drive last night. Keeps crashing everytime I change area. I'm hoping that having turned off AA that it'll be a bit more stable.

Was okay changing areas for 5 minutes this morning though.

Seems like a lot of people are having crashing issues. The funny thing is that I don't, my game runs almost perfect. Except if I have been playing for 3 hours or more, and I quit, just before I get to the desktop it gives me the crash window error. Not really a crash but ya know.

for those in the US that haven't bought the game and can wait a couple days, Newegg is selling it for a couple dollars less than retail ($46.99 vs $49.99) with free shpping

As far as PC crashing, I'll tell you what worked for me.

Went into FFDshow audio settings under DrectShow control and added fallout3.exe to the list. Could be a coincidence, but I've been playing the game without crashes ever since.

Actually come to think of it, anytime I have had a crash, in the taskbar is the thing for FFDshow, might do that. Thanks.

Yeah did that myself - I can go much longer without crashes now. Only had to reload the game 3 times in 7 hours rather than 4 times an hour :)

I was also playing in windowed mode. Don't know if that made any difference.

One other thing I've noticed is that if your sound card uses any form of real time encoding, ie. Dolby Digital Live. It might be beneficial to turn it off when playing Fallout 3. I was getting random game lockups in certain indoor cells and I tried everything to fix it. Finally I figured that disabling DDL did the trick. Also, do NOT use creative's alchemy tool with Fallout 3, it kills the game.

Minor issues really, takes no more than 3 minutes to setup your system so these issues don't happen. The PC version looks pretty impressive, especially with AA cranked way up on a giant screen.

Minor issues really, takes no more than 3 minutes to setup your system so these issues don't happen. The PC version looks pretty impressive, especially with AA cranked way up on a giant screen.

The Xbox 360 looks good on my 40" TV at 1080P :D
I do feel like I am cheating on my PC though...............

Everybody got their dog now? I find it quite realistic both nice to have and also a massive pain........

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back