faking a dead hdd

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
ok a friend has this computer of mine with a 40gb drive in it, he says that it is dead but it is only a little over a year old and has never been damaged, he wants to keep the drive and he wont let me look at it to make sure it is dead, is there a way to fake a dead hdd and is there a way to detect it?

yea, set the jumpers a certian way or make sure that the IDE is not in correctly. a variety of things can happen

Your friend has your computer and hd and he won't let you look at it? Have you answered the question in your custom user text?

(sorry couldn't resist)

kip

exactly what do you mean he WONT let you look at YOUR harddrive? if its yours tell him to give it the hell back and look at it all you want ! Seriously think about it a minute....why on earth would he WANT a DEAD harddrive?

well i had an 80gig hd that didnt even last a year, but i dont see why he wont show u it, just kick his ass

he's trying 2 get a new harddrive:p . demand it back 2 look @ it:cool:

Dont be such a fecking wuss canadian_divx. Its your bloody property, TAKE it back!

Nothing personal, but come on!

;)

Plain and simple tell him to give you the drive to test or he's not getting a new one. If he still resists ...pretend to give in and tell him to come over to pick it up and when he walks in kick his ass! :D

your so called friend is trying to either pull something on you or he did something to the drive and he doesn't want u to see exactly what it was that he did (ie; was looking in the case while eating and droped a piece of turkey covered with mayo on it or something like that. and he is just embarassed to tell u he made a booboo.:eek:

LOL, I agree......"SOME" friend.:mad:

You could always offer this buddy of yours the option to take it into his local PC repair shop, to have his ass stung

...although perhaps that could be the problem...

Anyone from the UK will remember the story of Gary Glitter .lol:D

Makes you wonder just what's on "his"......sorry I mean "your" HDD.:eek: :eek:

I'm from the US tell me the story!!! I wanna hear it!

famous 70's glam rocker who took his pc with child pr0n on to PC World...

canadian_divx, you can tell your "friend" where he can stick that drive after you've checked that it's really dead! What an a$$hole (pun!).

assshake.gif
<---- *hint*

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back