Fakefactory HL2 Cinematic mod ver 8 Final

Sazar

Rest In Peace
http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/FakeFactory_Cinematic_Mod_8_Part_1_5_Final;92000

The mod is final now :D

Btw, I highly recommend using the following download site (great DL rates and it has the fix already included).

http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php?id=2713

I have included a screenshot of the new Alyx ;) The old model is also available but note the HDR lighting (light-sources vastly improved and all items now appear to have correct dynamic shadows). The textures are all high-res too.

Note:

This mod is for 64-bit Operating Systems only. It may work on 32-bit systems but it seems to be unstable.

Attachments

• half life 2.jpg
    half life 2.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 6,274
nice mod! Might have to install hl2 and attempt to play it in 15 minute sessions before the motion sickness sets in.

haha.... i already downloaded it, and am now working on reinstalling HL2-HL2: Episode 2.

Make sure to do the following.

After downloading the games, make SURE that you start them up and maybe play for half a minute or something. It initializes the game and allows the mod to work perfectly.

I will restart my Gnome adventures thread once I start playing through with this mod :)

Btw, keep in mind you ARE going to take a performance hit, typically 20-40FPS, but if your system can handle it, it looks spectacular :)

20 - 40FPS in a game where most people are getting over 100FPS these days. This mod has always been fantastic, I'll have to check it out again!

Sazar: seeing as i have a Q9450, 4GB DDR2 800, and an 8800GTX..... i don't see that being a problem. :lick:

till the smoke starts bellowing out from the back of your machine :D

Sazar: seeing as i have a Q9450, 4GB DDR2 800, and an 8800GTX..... i don't see that being a problem. :lick:

I have minor hiccups in some scenes with my setup @ 1920x1200 with everything maxed, running 4xaa/16xaf so I don't think that statement holds completely true. Granted that I am also running the Folding@home client in the background and that sucks some processing power from my GPU but still.

I am waiting for that new 4870x2 to come out so I can beast it up a little bit ;)

Looks amazing, so this is a mod for playing the games right, not the MP stuff?

How do I install, does the downloaded file have instructions? And any newsgroup links, bittorrent is too slow for 6+GB

And is this what HL2 E3 going to look like?

Have the games installed via Steam, make sure you've at least played a little of each to initialize it in Steam.

Shut steam off after downloading the huge torrent I linked to.

Once the torrent is downloaded, open the SETUP.exe file and it will do everything for you.

Once installed, simply restart steam and start your games. You may have to change some minor settings such as mouse speed and stuff but the game should have all textures installed.

If I was you, I would explore EVERYTHING as there are easter-egg textures all over the place :D

Read everything, notice everything... It really adds to the game-play in my opinion as you are rewarded for looking for stuff.

no, his link has a torrent.. but he didnt say download it with steam :p

by the way.. the mod looks awesome, but i dont think i can play it :/ (only 2gb ram here)

I want it so bad, but it takes to long in Torrent, and plus I am near my monthly download cap (stupid rogers)

Bman...... i downloaded it with the torrent.... and it was going at my full download speed.... 500KB/s. finished the 6GB file in about 2.5 hours. wouldn't exactly say it takes too long.

Got it all last night, could not belive it when I looked this morning my speeds are usually so slow (due to traffic shaping etc). I have been playing though episode 1 recently so downloaded hl2 and ep2 through steam in preparation! WIll post back later once I have flashed it up

Bman...... i downloaded it with the torrent.... and it was going at my full download speed.... 500KB/s. finished the 6GB file in about 2.5 hours. wouldn't exactly say it takes too long.

I will try it again, but i don't get speeds like that with torrents. That is why I pay for newsgroup downloads.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back