Failing hard drive

Z

ZipTriX

*Check attached for exact error message*

I keep getting an error of "Delayed Write Error". I have tested the IDE cable, IDE controller, etc with other hard drives and do not experience the same problem. After getting the error, all data on the disappears, but can be accessed after rebooting. I have also used different programs for testing and all have said that the drive has passed the tests. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks for any help.

I got that error when I was playing around with my page file. I tried to move it to a second hd and I think I also changed my memory setting from programs to system cache. When I rebooted it didn't write something like the error says and I ended up doing a complete reinstall of Windows XP Pro.

normally this issue may be caused if,
1)The "Enable write caching on the disk" feature for your disk is turned on.
2)Your Ultra Direct Memory Access (UDMA) hard disk controller is configured in either of the following ways:
3)You are using a 40-wire connector cable to connect the UDMA drive to the controller instead of the required 80-wire, 40-pin cable.
4)Your BIOS settings are configured to force faster UDMA modes.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330174

btw, did u perform any tweak to ur system??

Originally posted by Bretenn
normally this issue may be caused if,
1)The "Enable write caching on the disk" feature for your disk is turned on.
2)Your Ultra Direct Memory Access (UDMA) hard disk controller is configured in either of the following ways:
3)You are using a 40-wire connector cable to connect the UDMA drive to the controller instead of the required 80-wire, 40-pin cable.
4)Your BIOS settings are configured to force faster UDMA modes.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330174

btw, did u perform any tweak to ur system??

1) It is enabled by default. Can't disable it.
2) Which following ways?
3) Using the required 80 wire 40 pin cable.
4) BIOS is set for ATA133. Hard drive is an 80 GB Maxtor ATA133.

No tweaks applied.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back