News Facebook Unveils 'High-Res' Photos

One area in which Facebook has consistently lagged behind dedicated photo sharing websites is the quality of images that it lets users upload into their photo albums. Earlier this year Facebook brought out an update that allowed for slightly larger and better quality images; a welcome move in the right direction but not really enough for many photo lovers. Last Friday's Facebook update changed the situation however, bringing in a brand new 'High-res' option to the social network.

The new update allows users to upload images that are 8 times the resolution of the previous standard, giving much higher quality images. To view all these lovely hi-res photos there is also a brand new photo viewer application in Facebook that uses Lightbox to display photos in the centre of your screen, along with the ability to browse through the photos without having to leave the page you're on.

attachment.php

Finally, the tagging process has been overhauled to make it easier to tag groups of people in multiple photos and the upload process has been improved to make it more stable. For more information have a look at the Facebook Blog.

Attachments

• Resolution.jpg
    Resolution.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 10,143

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back