F@lding Recognition Thread

Sazar

Rest In Peace
Thought that since we are in the process of reviving our Folding group

http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=636

that we should honor some of the people who have taken the initiative and set the bar for the rest of us to follow.

First and foremost, Steevo1, currently the group leader in terms of overall points and a guy whom we are all chasing.

Secondly, ejn74 who at the current rate of production, might be our new team-leader in overall points sometime by the end of the year (perhaps?).

Thirdly, fitz, still producing strongly after all this time and still has a crazy points/wu ratio

Fourth, kcnychief, someone who has been active in promoting the team, along with ejn and steevo and someone who has his eyes set on a top 3 position it seems

Fifth, Mainframeguy, constantly producing and maintaining his spot, but how long can he keep Sharob off his back? :smoker:

These guys have dedicated numerous spare cycles from their main systems as well as other systems towards the team cause and the greater cause as a whole and deserve a hearty "congrats and well done" from everyone.

honorable mentions:

Sharob - crazy per day total
tom9042 - I'm projected to catch you in about 900 days or so :eek:
zedric - gonna break in the top 10 soon
zeke_mo - no mo, no less
x-istence - representing the admins G
valooze - who? dunno but thanks for keeping it goin
mike_farley - more productive than chris farley, but is he funnier?
raz0r - sharp and to the point
admiral_michael - setting the ship right
falconguard - flying away with the honors
duke2000 - can't seem to catch this guy...
khayman - my latest victim
nlm - storming up the rankings
xie_osnn - reminding us all whom they represent
david_kirk - THE david kirk?
plfus - who knows what the name means but you gots it goin on.
terrahertz - megahertz? pfftt!!! TERRAHERTZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!

techno_child - new kid on the block
brad - back in the "f@ld"

Thanks all.

And the other 60 odd slackers, come on, give us 1 unit a week? :cool:

I'll add you to the "cool" list plus you can wear this awesome badge
Folder.gif

:smoker:

Last edited:
Sazar said:
Thirdly, fitz, still producing strongly after all this time and still has a crazy points/wu ratio

Fourth, kcnychief, someone who has been active in promoting the team, along with ejn and steevo and someone who has his eyes set on a top 3 position it seems

Yeah, my ratio is getting little worse since they stopped the QMD units. Used to fold QMD almost exclusivly at 450points/WU.. then they stopped handing them out *sigh*.

from the Folding@Home News site:
2/27/2006 QMD update
Our first round of analysis is still underway, so it looks like QMD's will be out for at least one more month, but likely longer. Unfortunately, these sorts of estimates are hard to make and if something new (and often interesting science-wise!) comes up, this could easily take much longer still.
That was from the end of Feb.. I'm hoping they start handing them out again because that will really boost my daily production and (hopefully) allow me to keep kcny in 4th place and let me hold on to 3rd :)

Good idea Saz. Good idea.

Congratulations to all.

Fold matt, you have like 5 billion systems and 10 billion cores you can use.

Good overall idea Sazar :)

Imagine the possibilities if we could even get half of those 60 slackers back again?

?

-edit-

Oh, I C.

I was just commenting on your name, admiral, ship, get it?

Last edited:
Sorry, I just put the people shown who are currently active :)

The server's been acting up so I might not have gotten everyone.

I'll update the list when the server's are not on the blink.

Harrr.

I just got a head start on some of the others. I need to get back into the game though. Mebey this weekend? Ehh? I will be in Sunday for updates again and backups and all that other jazz. Might be a good time to get them going again.

I will admit I am one of those slackers.... I am sorry guys :-(

I will try to get back into it (it just heats up my room like crazy!)

Great Idea Sazar thanks for the kind words. I will probably be slowed down some come summer.

ejn74 said:
Great Idea Sazar thanks for the kind words. I will probably be slowed down some come summer.

That's too bad ejn.. I'm still hoping that they hand out the QMD units again soon.. and if you slow down over summer, I may be able to take back the #2 position :)

I personally have one PC offline right now, and the other has no internet connection for a day or so while I am having a lan party at my house :D

I read about those 600+ point QMD units :cool:

Sounds interesting.

Man, alot of people switched to the, I guess, "official" stat image.

Well I would too but Zedric's looks so nice beside my sig :).

:)

It's not official, it just looks nice and clean (my kind of minimalistic info thinger).

Plus it gives stats bout everything.

I have a coupla large units folding, hope they give me a nice point count when done :D

Sazar said:
I read about those 600+ point QMD units :cool:

Sounds interesting.

The QMD units were 450 points every time. The 600 pointers are very few an far between and do not use the QMD core.. I can't remember which core they use (DBGROMACS? Maybe.. too lazy to check)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back