F**ked up Windows help quick!

mike09

OSNN Senior Addict
ok heres the thing. i was replacing a shell32 with on ei made but windows said it was un supported so it wouldnt boot up. so i did a repair install and now the computer boots fine now but during the repair i skiped putting user accounts becasue i figured they would be there. so now i can see me and my brothers folders in documents and setting but there are no users in the control panel and user log in. ohh please help me.

Rename the folders in D&S for the time being. Recreate the accounts you want. Log in as each. Then log back in as administrator and do this...

Right click on My Computer
Properties
Advanced Tab
User Profiles Settings button
Select the name of an old profile and click "Copy To"
enter the path of the new profile that was created.

Do that for each. That should get you back your old profiles.

Good Luck buddy!

how do i rename the accounts in d&s (i dont know what d&s means)

edit - i figured it out.

ok heres what i did so far. i renamed one of the folders in d&s i coudlnt change the other one because he had a password on his account and it says access is denied, so i renamed my folder and created a new Mike acount. what do you mean by "old profile". maybe my thinking is a little shot because i need the info back on those accounts and in kinda desperate.

Excuse me, This is the applcations forum. Stuff like this should be in the Operating Systems section or Themes and Grpahics

Originally posted by ViperSnake
Excuse me, This is the applcations forum. Stuff like this should be in the Operating Systems section or Themes and Grpahics
Excuse me, shut up!

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Excuse me, shut up!
word :cool:

anyway, now you screwnied your protected passwords you have an uphill mission ahead, it's a pain in the ass, but here is the link.

Linkage

Vipersnake haven't you got some e-mailing to do other than pointing out things.

{I want to be 16 when I grow up}

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back