F.E.A.R. demo feedback.

jimi_81

OSNN Senior Addict
Political Access
I really think this game is the next big thing.
I Can't wait!

download available (Friday) at: http://www.whatisfear.com

Article from Sierra:
GAMERS PREPARE FOR THE FIRST TASTE OF F.E.A.R.™

F.E.A.R. Single player demo announced

LOS ANGELES, CA - August 2, 2005 – Vivendi Universal Games announced today that the single player demo for the eagerly anticipated, award-winning PC title F.E.A.R.™ (First Encounter Assault and Recon) will be released globally on "F.E.A.R. Friday," August 5, 2005.

Developed by Monolith Productions, F.E.A.R. is an intense first person close-quarters combat experience with rich atmosphere and an engaging, paranormal horror storyline. Already named "Best Action Game of E3 2005" by the E3 Critics, F.E.A.R. has been called
"Vivendi’s classic-in-the-making" and "the PC’s top shooter" by PC Gamer (September 2005).

The single player demo features one level, combining intense and exhilarating action and pulse-quickening paranormal chills, giving players a true taste of what F.E.A.R. holds in store for them this fall.

The F.E.A.R. single player demo will be available starting at 10:00am PDT on Friday, August 5. To download the demo or for more information on F.E.A.R. including system requirements, please visit www.whatisfear.com.

F.E.A.R. will be available during Fall 2005 for the PC with an ESRB “Mature” rating.

:)

Re: F.E.A.R. demo coming friday!

I always get this mixed up with STALKER... will be sure to check it out, seems to be a fairly dry spot for the FPS at the moment.

OH THANK GOD iv been wating for this for a while hehe.

Speaking of STALKER whats the latest ETA on that? Last I heard it was pushed backed till July, Auguest of this year.......

damn websense wont let me look and see :mad:

Incase anyone was wondering what is going on, the demo is supposed to be released at 10am PT today, which I think is 5pm for us Brits (I'm a bit confused by this stupid summertime crap).
Actually, I had a look there at 9am this morning and it said 1 hour to go, so I checked back at 10am and there was nothing - apparently the countdown is tied to the clock of whatever PC you are using, so anyone not in PT will see a bogus countdown, or nothing at all if it has already expired. Still got about 7 hours to go!

Any movies or screens of this?

This definetly looks nice. Its been a while since I have played games on any format, think the last PC title was Exile (Myst 3). But looking at this I may just try and get my hands on it :) As for the download, im getting nothig here?

Screens:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

I think we've still got another 6 hours until we can download the demo.

Looks pretty cool :)

found it. had to google alot lol seems that its only here so far http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=7483

you can do a free log on and be capped at 50 kb/s or a free sign up and be capped at 250 kb/s Of course i dont want to pay for this site so im doing the 250 kb/s cap but im been in line for 10 minutes with 60 more to go hehe.

total file size is. 646.67 MB

the screenshot of the kid at the end is a little freaky!

the screenshot of the kid at the end is a little freaky!

Exactly why this game is gona kick some arse. i love scary games. Havent had agreat one since clive barkers undying hehe (doom 3 was scary but in cheap jump out of the damn closet way)

Maybe a mod should change the thread title to F.E.A.R demo released.

Great screen shots. I love games that have that dark feel to them. Keeps ya on yer toes.

6 mins until its done!!!!!! hehe then burn and go home to install.

This demo is fifteen minutes of pure intensity. Why are little girls the scariest things in the universe?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back