Extremely new to Mirc

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I would like to use Mirc, heard a lot of good things about the chat and such, But I don't know where to start. I downloaded a Mirc6.03 and I am going to install it later, but I can certainly use a few pointers on how to get started.

Thanks in advance....

Heeter

here you go best to read about it

http://www.mirc.com/install.html

http://www.mirc.com/irc.html

http://www.mirc.com/ircintro.html

our channel is on efnet right now at #ntfs

might be changing that here shortly

cool.gif

Originally posted by Iceman
our channel is on efnet right now at #ntfs

might be changing that here shortly
What do you mean changin it, whats wrong with it now?

Okay I setup the Mirc. I am still trying to figure out how to get on the NFTS.org chat. The help files are great in setting up but slowly lose me while I am trying to figure out to actually do something. A small windows opens and I click on connect to server tab and nothing happens.

Heeter

Choose EFNet, then pick a server in your country and connect. Once connected type /join #ntfs and you're there :)

Don't be surprised if ppl don't talk right away or at all right now. A lot are sleeping now.

I'v tried mIRC a couple times and felt I was on a CB radio. Its a great program and pretty secure for downloading files. People that know how to use it say how easy to use. Its the place to be with the possibility of p2p going out of business if the record/movie companies follow through with their lawsuits.

Originally posted by Napalmnthemorni
I'v tried mIRC a couple times and felt I was on a CB radio. Its a great program and pretty secure for downloading files. People that know how to use it say how easy to use. Its the place to be with the possibility of p2p going out of business if the record/movie companies follow through with their lawsuits.
Sounds like warez and stuff, we dont do that here :p

Heeter
Okay I setup the Mirc. I am still trying to figure out how to get on the NFTS.org chat. The help files are great in setting up but slowly lose me while I am trying to figure out to actually do something. A small windows opens and I click on connect to server tab and nothing happens.

Heeter

Have you read my guide? (link)
should help you a bit :)

A bit, you say!!!

That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a whole bunch, speedyB. You should be the one writing the help files that came with this thing.

Heeter

Originally posted by Heeter
A bit, you say!!!

That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a whole bunch, speedyB. You should be the one writing the help files that came with this thing.

Heeter

lol, maybe you should send those things to the mIRC guys SPeedY_B

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back