Extreme Shutdown Problems!!!

T

tubbyrecords

Hey,peeps having real problems shuting ma comp down at the mo. Every time i select shut down ma comp says saving data ect. doesnt give any "it is now safe to turn off your computer" screen and just restarts. The only way i have of shutting down at the mo ist to wait till it begins to restart an hold down ma soft-switch.
this is really begining to annoy me any help would be imensly appreciated. Cheers TU669

shutdown

try downloading a shutdown program from cnet .com just type shutdown in the download section
these shutdown programs usually overide any problem you have
i had the same thing happen to me
if all else fails you will have to reinstall it again

or you could go to search and find repair that will re set your computor to an earlier time when it was all working properly

hope this helps
mikey00

I would just roll bk to an eirlier date but this problem only started when i installed a new m/board. i think it mite be a bios or m/board prob not sftware.

It could very well be a software problem caused by the hardware switching. When you change the hardware, especially important bits like the motherboard, a reinstall of the system is highly recommended.

might be stating the obvious but have you flashed the bios yet?

you haven't mentioned anything about it as yet :/

i had a Asus A7V266-E mobo that wouldn't shut down and couldn't reset. Problem disappeared upon flashing it. This occurs on move a7v266's i'd imagine cause its happened to 3 other friends of mine with the same mobo.

try it... could solve ur problem

Adaptec burning software did this to me.............until I got the update. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back