Extreme Help Needed!!!!!!!!!!

D

demon4870

I attend a university where we have a T3. All of a sudden my connection decides it wants to download slower than dial-up. While yet my roomates computer 2 feet away downloads at close to 800k/sec. I thought I screwed up some settings in my registry so I formatted and re-installed and yet its the same ol' $h!t. So I checked into it and i pinged various websites in MS-Dos and they ping normally under 100. :confused: I checked my either-net cable and everything. I think it has something to do with my settings so if anyone knows anything about network settings PLEASE!!!!:D REPLY

Have you been downloading heavily? I know at my University those in the dorms who download and share alot have had their connections throttled and temp slowed down...and they can do this cause my friend had his connection slowed ALOT when he was downloading tons from everyone who had shares on their comp

i agree. they did that to us a GA Tech. try plugging into your roomate's data port and see if you speed increases.

Or *gasp* call your University's Networking Service and they can generally look and see if there's something wrong with your connection. These things aren't magically perfect once your cable is through wall, and technicians f*** up when working in patch panels and switches. There may also be some setting they use on their network that isn't standard.
/Lactic

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back