Extreme budget GFX card!

RagnaroK

Must be dreaming...
Hello again y'all.
I'm on a tight budget, and wanna get a new graphics card. What card do you guys (and gals if any) recommend for under $150 ($AU) ?

Thanks.
-Ragnarok

that's about $80 usd. you can maybe get a geforce3 ti200 for that... which would be the best choice. if you want an ati option, they have a new radeon 9000 that's about the same price... not sure how it stacks up, though.

if you wanna play it safe, a geforce2 ti 64mb is damn cheap and a good value.

these kinda prices are found looking on pricewatch.com... not your neighborhood store, mate. }:>

Thanks taurus. But those prices are too good to be true, because my "neighborhood stores" sell Geforce3 Ti200 for $300AU and Radeon 9000s for around $500AU... :(
How come everything is so expensive over here...

dunno, man. what about shopping online from one of our stores that ships overseas?

or else try the geforce2 ti. if you need something cheaper still, try a geforce2 gts or... *shudder*... a geforce2 mx.

LOL! :D
What's wrong with GF II MXs? I got one now... its not that bad... is it?
Yeh, I guess I'll look around for a TI or GTS. Thanks taurus.

Yeah.. I live in SYdney too... but I am originally from hong kong.. all the hardware are way too expensive in Australia.. I would say 85% extra you will be paying... I buy all my hardware in hong kong and bring / ship is to sydney. It doesn't make any sense to buy anything in Australia... (sydney)

Yeh, but isn't it more trouble to buy parts from overseas, because of waiting times, shipping costs, insurance, etc. ?

I recommend a good brand also :
1.Leadtek
2.Asus
3.MSI

In any order ..

What insurance do you expect to get when you buy a hardware?? and saving up to 85% that will cover all extra cost and will be still more then 50% cheaper... yeah.. the only thing is you will have to wait... so .. if you can wait... then you can save some money or spend the same money to buy better things...

like paul said, if you can wait a week or 2, try to order online. i'm sure it'll be cheaper in the end... but don't quote me on that.. never ordered out of country.

the gf2 mx's aren't very good choices because they have sdr... stepping up to a gts or ti gives you ddr so doubles your memory bandwidth... which gives a big performance boost.

this gives you a good idea of what card can do what:
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/02q2/020418/vgacharts-05.html

Both of you have strong arguments paul_43 and taurus. But I'm that sort of person that always has been "insecure" about such things as ordering online. I'm willing to try it, but I need more reasoning to persuade me... Sorry, I'm the "trust no-one" type! :D

Well look at from this way. U would have to out of ur back side to buy local or u can take a chance on buy online. I don't know if this company shipps over sea's or not but u can check them out.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/

www.pricegrabber.com lists lots of different vendors and has seller ratings for each one, to give you an idea of their customer satisfaction.

btw, i did a search for a geforce2 ti on their to see what came up... and www.tigerdirect.com came up with a pro (good, between gts and ti) for $40 after mail-in rebate. sweet deal. also, they have a geforce3 ti200 for $80 after mail-in rebate if you're looking forward to pixel and vertex shaders.

Well if you can order it online that would be the best at the time.. because Australian dollar is doing well aganst USD.. so... buy online and you won't regret... it things don't work you can always return it .... don't worry about ordering online..... or you can just ask your friends to bring you some if you have one..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back