Extracting Problems With WinRAR

G

GR-13

Guys,

I am having issues trying to extract 50+ files using WinRAR,
The first time i ran WInRAR i got a error at file 51, this was the only error i got,so i fixed the file and re-ran WinRAR, and i got an error at file 5?? ( never picked that one up first time around!!).
Now everytime i goto extract the files i get different errors on different files,sometime errors on the same file as before.I used my SVF Checker and all the files i have are NOT Corrupted!! So i do not know why its not extracting.I have the latest Version of WinRAR 3.11, ive fixed a hell of alot of files,tried WinACE,but WinACE didnt even have the file to extract,so all it extracted was the destination folder.I am now at a loose end...Can anyone help??

I am Running the following

XP Home +SP1
KT4 Ultra Mobo latest VIA Hyperion Drivers
1024 PC2100 DDR Ram ( x2 512mb)
Radeon 9700 Pro with latest Drivers
AMD XP 2400 CPU ( NOT overclocked )

Kind Regards

GR

Try an older version of WinRAR. I'm using WinRAR 3 atm. WOrks like a charm.

Give UltimateZIP a go if u think WinRAR is the problem.

UltimateZIP is not as good as WinRAR IMHO as it is slower and the algorithms used are not as efficient plus that nag screen... ugh

PowerArchiver is pretty good too. I think version 7 is freeware.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back