Extra Drive Letters !

percy

OSNN Senior Addict
hi. i have 2 hdds. 1 partitioned to 2 parts. so i have C: D: and E: drives, F: crdw an G: dvd drive.. then i have these 2 extra drives I: local disk and J: local disk which came out after attaching a digital camera... how can i erase drives I and J?
thanks.

i did. the problem is no gadget is connected to my pc right now but i still have the 2 extra drives. is there any way that i can delete the drives? :(

IIRC, those would be the cam memory or memory card, and you may want the drive letters so you can acess that stuff later...

Are you using Windows XP? If so, you can reassign these drives to driveletter Y and Z or so.

Was going to post about going through computer management, thinks thread starter wanted to hide only!

I believe you can also delete drive letters in computer management, but I am not sure, I don't want to try out, to be honest. You get a warning popup from Windows upon deletion, but in your case it's safe to ignore it (I think)

Glaanieboy said:
I believe you can also delete drive letters in computer management, but I am not sure, I don't want to try out, to be honest. You get a warning popup from Windows upon deletion, but in your case it's safe to ignore it (I think)
Computer management can be a pain in the rear. I have moved letters, not gone into deleting them yet. I would rather be a safe and cowardly individual than having to spend hours correcting problems.

Try double clicking on the safely remove hardware icon on your taskbar (Near the clock) and remove the digital camera (It may be listed as a USB mass storage device) from the list.

it's stone age question, where can i find the computer management?

my computer >control panel > Administrative Tools> computer management

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back