• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Extra Drive Letters !

percy

OSNN Senior Addict
hi. i have 2 hdds. 1 partitioned to 2 parts. so i have C: D: and E: drives, F: crdw an G: dvd drive.. then i have these 2 extra drives I: local disk and J: local disk which came out after attaching a digital camera... how can i erase drives I and J?
thanks.

percy

OSNN Senior Addict
i did. the problem is no gadget is connected to my pc right now but i still have the 2 extra drives. is there any way that i can delete the drives? :(

L

Lee

Was going to post about going through computer management, thinks thread starter wanted to hide only!

I believe you can also delete drive letters in computer management, but I am not sure, I don't want to try out, to be honest. You get a warning popup from Windows upon deletion, but in your case it's safe to ignore it (I think)

L

Lee

Glaanieboy said:
I believe you can also delete drive letters in computer management, but I am not sure, I don't want to try out, to be honest. You get a warning popup from Windows upon deletion, but in your case it's safe to ignore it (I think)
Computer management can be a pain in the rear. I have moved letters, not gone into deleting them yet. I would rather be a safe and cowardly individual than having to spend hours correcting problems.

rushm001

In the beginning......
Political User
Try double clicking on the safely remove hardware icon on your taskbar (Near the clock) and remove the digital camera (It may be listed as a USB mass storage device) from the list.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies