external USB Hard Drive problem!!!

gballard

OSNN Senior Addict
I sat down at my computer today and went to look for a file that I knew was on my USB drive and when I went to the drive letter...it wasn't there....I went to look at the device manager and saw this...

I then went to the properties and saw this...

I don't understand why it just stopped working...It was working fine when I went to bed last night. Anyone got any ideas on this?....:(

sorry bout the links...no idea what happened there...:/

welp...nevermind...i plugged it into the other USB port on my USB 2.0 card and now its working...wierd...

No...the USB enclosure was connected to a USB 2.0 PCI card. There is still something goin on tho...I think the card is about to go bad to be honest with ya...I can move between the two USB connectors on the card and it works fine for a little while but then it will start not repsponding again.

erm someone delete those broken links, i just tried the URL and got a free sex download !!! :eek:

here is an update....I took the drive out of the USB enclosure and hooked it up directly to my computer and apparently its the hard drive causing the problem and not the USB card....I was able to see the files on the drive..but when I highlighted them all and went to copy them...it totally locked up my computer...guess i am SOL eh?...:(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back