ExpressCard uses?

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
Hey guys...

The laptop listed in my sig I got about 4 mos ago. Its has integrated video thx to the Intel Extreme Video thing and I can play most old games very well (NOLF1 and 2, Diablo 1/2, etc). Anyways, the lappy comes with a PC card slot, and also an ExpressCard slot. So far I haven't seen anything that uses this slot, but I read around and one will be able to put in fast microdrives in there and whatnot. My question is: Would it be possible to make a videocard in ExpressCard format, so as to be able to upgrade the integrated video into something better for today's games?

I realize that the S-Video out and VGA out would be disabled, but I don't really care...would it be actually possible though?

Thx,
Apu

is it a PCI-E slot? even so I don't think anyone makes PCI-E video cards for laptop yet.

apu95 said:
Hey guys...

The laptop listed in my sig I got about 4 mos ago. Its has integrated video thx to the Intel Extreme Video thing and I can play most old games very well (NOLF1 and 2, Diablo 1/2, etc). Anyways, the lappy comes with a PC card slot, and also an ExpressCard slot. So far I haven't seen anything that uses this slot, but I read around and one will be able to put in fast microdrives in there and whatnot. My question is: Would it be possible to make a videocard in ExpressCard format, so as to be able to upgrade the integrated video into something better for today's games?

I realize that the S-Video out and VGA out would be disabled, but I don't really care...would it be actually possible though?

Thx,
Apu

Upgrading video on laptops about 1-2 years ago was darn near impossible. Certain companies, I know Alienware does it, will sell you the GPU so you can replace it. You wouldn't want to get an expresscard video card, bandwidth would be HORRIBLE.

EDIT: Sorry, I should have also mentioned that slowly, very slowly, it is becoming more and more of an option with other vendors as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back