Explorer

V

vdubman

something has messed up my view source in explorer! can i fix it?:(

you'd have to be more specific about the problem! what do you mean exactly by messed it up?

when i click it ( view source )note pad dont open to view it

have you made sure notepad is ok? and have you tried re-downloading explorer and letting it install itself?

Uhm, does any other program open?

Try going to IE Options and click on the page 'programs'. There you can specify the editors, like frontpage, notepad, etc...

Greetz

Lukas

On my system, the only option in that section is notepad when i try to change the editor programs.

You can also use TweakUI to set any editor you want. Just start up TweakUI (assuming you have it installed) and go to the Explorer section, there's a spot in there somewhere to change the editor (not exactly sure where, I'm at work away from my XP box at the moment).

weird, i can select MS WOrd 2002, MS FrontPage 2002 and notepad...

ok this drove me nuts all night, i know this thread is old but this info should be on here, the fix is this: delete your cache, close all instances of explorer and restart. the temporary internet files folder, when at maximum will disable the edit feature across the board -- emails in outlook and non-local files in IE. more info is explained here http://www.mredkj.com/tutorials/tips_ie.html

hope this helps, it sure did for me

jhbrown

Wow somebody has been down in the bowels of xp-erience. Thanks for the fix. :D Somebody is sure to need it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back