explorer.exe virus ??

S

stapler101

Help me with this one. Nortons, housecall and pcpitstop have found a trojan virus in C:/windows\explorer\explorer.exe.
All 3 programs say they cant quarantine, repair, or delete because the program is currently in use.
I believe this is a spyware virus through "spin till u win". This is mentioned in another post here
thanks for any help.

What trojan virus specifically? Name it and I can look for it and what it does.

OK, Thanks for looking. I have the troj_dlder or dider.exe virus discribed here
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=33&threadid=668900&STARTPA
The directions at the bottom of this page say to rename the dlder.exe file.
I do not find the dlder.exe file in search, but I found a hidden folder in windows called explorer that scans with norton to be the virus.
It will not delete.
will renaming this folder make it inactive?
All help appreciated

If it's a folder then off that puppy, it shouldn't be there. the file in the windows folder "explorer.exe" is your shell program and doesn't have it's own folder. I'm going to look up this virus now and see what I find.

That is it Lonman. Thnks. I am about to use the directions to get it gone.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back