Explorer.exe restarting

L

Luna64

Ok

I did some searching on this topic and found this post

http://www.ntfs.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39090&highlight=explorer.exe+restarts

It explains that explorer.exe migh restart b/c of overclocking.

Which I would believe because my PC is always overclocked, and explorer.exe always restarts on my PC without reason. I also don't get any error messages.

The problem is that I went back to stock speed (1.8ghz P4) and explorer.exe still does this. Just randomly restarts, and sometimes I lose programs that were in the systray (which are still running in the background)

It's been doing it for six months now. It just seemed to happen out of the blue one day, and has stuck around no matter how man times I do a fresh install of XP.

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe my 3d card might be doing it. It's not overclocked, but I did flash the BIOS on my 9500 Pro and it shows up now as a 9700 in Windows.

No problems in games though.

After looking up the error I found this

Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2800.1106, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.1217, fault address 0x00033aed.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I have the same problem, and have lived with it for over a year now. I have NO idea what caused it, and just like yours seemed to just appear one day outta the blue. I've never done any overclocking of anysorts, so that's ruled out, for me at least.

If you every do find an answer, PLEASE let me know. swhitehead412@hotmail.com

Have you tried Microsoft personal tech support? They've helped me out before.

So far so good.

Not a single explorer.exe crash after installing it.

Ty very much.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back