explorer.exe crashes

Originally posted by XP Abuser
if you look in event log it says something like

"ntdll.dll has caused an unexpected error in explorer. explorer restarted"

thats Norton products

Are you sure? ntdll.dll is a Windows file, not Norton.
Many people, probably hundred thousands have NAV and NPF installed without Explorer crashing. Me, too btw.

I've had the same problems too. Can't remember if I had them before using uxthemepatch.dll. It is extremely annoying. I'm trying the open folders in a seperate window.. see if that works.

It happens in IE as well sometimes........it started around the same time as I installed SP1??????

Maybe????

I have been having this problem for awhile too. My explorer.exe crashes and usually it's associated with the file 'mfc42.dll'. My taskbar disappears and all explorer windows (windows explorer, control panel, My computer, ect.) close. Some icons in my systray are gone when my taskbar comes back up. A message appears: Explorer error
>AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2600.0 ModName:
mfc42.dll
>ModVer: 6.0.8665.0 Offset: 0005bf55

Send or don't send.

I have uninstalled NAV and the problem persists. I have also tried this fix: Start...Run..regsvr32 mfc42.dll..enter. I'm still getting the same error. Just thought I would put my two cents into this thread since it seems to be happening to others as well. Any input on this issue is appreciated since it's a pain in the butt. :)

it has something to do with norton updates and ntdll.dll but i did a individual replacent of ntdll from xp cd yet the problem persisted but its definately symantec software. the only way i solved it was by a clean install... you gotta love em:)

But it seems that not everyone with XP who has installed Norton stuff has this problem.

I had a look last time I had this happenand mine has something to do with the" kernal32.dll" file.....excuse the spelling..

Wat the????

I also have this problem in Internet Explorer....are they linked somehow????

Alloy25

Originally posted by alloy25
I got an error in explorer and here is the message...

wow you guys have some major errors. All i did is run it in a sperate process and my problem was fixed. I have no idea what to tell you.

Heres just some of the errors I'm experiencing...

Got them from the event manager....

I might have found a fix...

Q329692 on microsoft's download page. I had the ntdll.dll problem with windows explorer so I tried installing that fix and I've had no problems since. I can't say for sure that the problem is gone but I tested it by opening and closing some folders very quickly and the problem did not persist so, so far so good!

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Ziptrx
I've never had explorer crash because of the uxtheme.dll. In fact, I don't ever recall explorer.exe crashing, unless I did it purposely. If you're sick of losing icons from the systray check out some programs:

SysTrayX

PS Tray

TraySaver

12Ghost Tray

Hey cool apps!! thank you for those. Used to have one...which of those do you recommend? I'm leaning torwards ps tray since it seems to be the only one that lets u minimize any application to the tray...

and tigger, yeah i had that patch too. I was crashing when i had folders open that I was using files in..like watching a movie or downloading files from kazaa. I suspect it has something to do with media players and thumbail views...hasnt crashed yet after i applied that patch a day or 2 ago tho

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back