Explorer cock up

K

Kylie

Okay - to set the scene.
All my mp3 are in there own folder, with each cd/artist sub divided within.

If I browse a folder with for example "Travis - Invisible band"
On the left hand side of the window under "Music tasks" if I click play all it doesnt open up media player and add them to the playlist anymore.

It know opens up a pop up window with the "move to" and asks me to browse to where I want to put them? I click cancel and another pops up, hit cancel again and it plays them correctly!!

see screenshot

screen.jpg

Wow, A guy sure gets to see new things in this NG...:D

First off, before I dive into this, is there anything you've done lately between the last time you ran this function and now? Like installing apps. changing a preference, anything? And when was the last time you successfully performed the "play all" function?

I know exactly what happened you recently installed the move to copy to regedit that was posted in the news section as a tweak mine does the same thing..... If you know how to remove the reg tweak please pass it along....

Can you post the text of the reg file here, so I can take a look at it?

I am at a loss - I use it most days. It only began friday [now being sunday] and i havent added any software. I just did a Norton clean up on friday [have used this multiple times successfully] I ran APK`s regcleaner on thurs. Dont recall any error after that.

I messed around with the folders in the MP3 directory, but all I did there was customize the folders picture to represent the Artist/CD

I also added that .reg file from our site "move to" aaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaa

Help - how do I ditch that

here you go speed

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]
@="{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]
@="{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Send To]
@="{7BA4C740-9E81-11CF-99D3-00AA004AE837}"

I got this off tweakxp, so don't get mad at me ;)

hahah - whilst typing 2 replies ROD with the same error, love you forever if you can fix da beast spead4ever :D

K

Gimme a bit, I'm still looking up the regs in mine, to see if I can extract the good ones.

This just had to be in the CLASSES too...:mad:

Leave it to lady to post a difficult question :D

<Ducking quick, and running> :D

Ok, heres what I found...

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Send To]
@="{7BA4C740-9E81-11CF-99D3-00AA004AE837}"

What I would do is go to that key, delete "ContextMenuHandlers", then import my key. This should work, but do a system restore point before deleting that key, just in case.

Post back if it works...

Either that, or you could try deleting just the "Move to" key, and keep the rest. Either way, I would do a system restore before doing this.

i'm getting ready to format.....I'll go ahead and delete the moveto line and see if that works

removing that line works :D :D

now whats the key to get it normal again please ?

thanks for sorting that you are officially todays hero :D

Originally posted by ZipTriX
i'm getting ready to format.....I'll go ahead and delete the moveto line and see if that works

Now thats a bit extreme! LOL :D

Having problems?

Well here is the result.

If you click 'play all' a menu will popup for the copyto section, hit cancel and it will start playing. Where before you had to hit cancel twice.

Originally posted by Kylie
removing that line works :D :D

now whats the key to get it normal again please ?

thanks for sorting that you are officially todays hero :D

Is your "play all" still not working?

Originally posted by ZipTriX
Well here is the result.

If you click 'play all' a menu will popup for the copyto section, hit cancel and it will start playing. Where before you had to hit cancel twice.

Did you delete the whole ContextMenuHandlers key and import mine, or just deleted the Move To key?

My play all is working fine - I deleted ContextMenuHandlers and its fine.

I dont have any "sendto" now but that such be easier to sort I would have thought?

I imported yours but no "sendtos" at all

K

I found the fix apperantly it was a kown issue the reg tweak was fixed I redownloaded it and now the problems gone.... I hope this corrects your problem...

Originally posted by Kylie
My play all is working fine - I deleted ContextMenuHandlers and its fine.

I dont have any "sendto" now but that such be easier to sort I would have thought?

I imported yours but no "sendtos" at all

K

That doesnt sound right...

My key should work just fine.

I wonder if you need to reboot for it to take affect?

Wanna try it?

i just deleted the moveto line in regedit

now if speed can remove these..he'd be da man.....lol

*things i want removed with black lines next to them*

nah just reformatting for the hell of it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back