explorer closes without wanting so

L

Laire

Hallo,

I have a little problem with my Windows Explorer. While using this tool for copy/move files from folder to folder it suddenly shut down. Then I have to restart the Explorer and my work begins new. This closing performs if I use one or two Explorer windows.

Does anyone know what is the reason for this strange behavior and much more important: How to bring WE back to normal life?

THX!

Hallo, neighbour, Herzlich Willkommen at NTFS.org. :D

Could be many reasons. Does it happen every time, you copy/move files or just now and then? Does it happen when moving large or many files at a time? Perhaps give some system specs, ram, pagefile settings, someone may have an idea what to do.

Hallo,

@YoYo
thanks for your welcome. Now I am a little bit nosy - if you say neighbour - are you also from MG?

Back to my problem: It is not easy to specify the moment of closing. Sometime you can move/copy a couple of files, even larger ones, sometimes it refuses to work after trying to copy one small file.
Usually you can work for a short time without problems, but when WE stopped for the first time you better start WinXP again because if not - often you can not move one file without WE closing itself.

I know, this is no good description, but there is no regularity.

Hi,

be assured this was my first, no second, idea and I ran the repair option of WinXP. Unfortunately without success.

Only other thing I can think of to try is a repair of xp. Put the xp cd in & boot up. Follow the screen to the repair area. I think it just basically install windows again.

Hi Hipster,

thanks for your answer.

I ran this repair option already. Unfortunately there is no change in Explorers misbehaviour. So I am sure that all files are not corrupted. Maybe there are just some "minor" changes in the registry.

Do you or anybody know a little bit about the registry? I have no idea where to search.

G'day Laire. Grasping at straws here.
Just noticed from your original post that you said you used a tool to copy/move files. Did you mean right click & dragging or was it an actual program? If the latter remove it & use right click dragging. See how that goes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back