Expanding Multiple Folders in Explorer

E

eee

Helo!

I am sorry for bumping into old treads (some forums dont alow it, and i am new to this one), but i was wondering if someone has solved Jeeves's problem?

I googled on to this tread and it is the closes i got to solving my problem. For a long time now i had the explorer shortcut set to
Code:
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/n, e:\my documents\

Which was fine for the last 2 years, but now i have close to 1TB od disk space and i currently have 11 partitions set. Of these i constantly use 4. If explorer expanded these 4 disks upon startup it would save me some time and would get rid of this annoyance that i have for a long time.

So i have the same question as Jeeves - Can you insert parameters into a explorer shortcut that would expand more than one folder/disk?

For example so that it would expand e:\my documents\, and disks D:, F:, G:

Setting it to
Code:
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/n, e:\my documents\, D:\, F:\, G:\
makes explorer expand only the last parameter - G: in my case.

Is there a nother way to do it? Like making a .bat file and linking a shortcut to that?

I read alot of 'Explorer Tips" websites, but they only tell how to expand one folder or all folders + all subfolders (by pressing *)

Any hints would be greatly apreciated,
eee @ eee.si

Last edited:
Re: Starting Explorer in My Computer Folder

Post moved to new thread.

As you suspected, your post has been made into a new thread.

Oh yea, thats even better. Tnx! :)

Maybe change the title to something like 'Expanding multiple folders in Explorer' so future google users will find this tread faster. The previous one was not rankt that high, even dough it had the most usefull info. Not sure, but im guessing because of the title?

edit: Found the Go Advance edit button :speechless:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back