• Neigh!

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Yarr!

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • What is eXeem?

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Who and why is eXeem?

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I refuse to play your twisted games Punk!

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
The first public beta client was just released and aside from installing Cydoor, didn't really do anything.

I did a quick search for "chemical brothers" and found about 3 different downloads offered with about 10 people on each.

Ah well, the nasty app has gone now and won't be making a reappearance here.

Shame; It'd had quite a bit of hype about it.. I suppose it was promising too much

well it jsut recently went public beta. So there won't be too many files to be had just yet.

On the other hand I think that this cydoor adware stuff has got to go for this to be anything near a good app. I've already heard rumblings and rumors of an exeem lite type program but I think it will still be crap.

This program will go the way of Kazaa and just be filled with garbage files and virus and just be dead in no time...

That is what was expected.
I guess they don't care as I am sure they will make the money they will have paid the guy from Suprnova, just by having advertising in an app that loads of people will try and use, when there are alternatives, if you feel inclined to use it, out there.

I only checked this out to see if I would ever bother posting about this on the frontpage, but it is purely for warez, but I guess thats the way things go.

Easy to buy legitimate music these days.

I been saying from the beginning that this thing is going to be worse than kazaa ever was ... It's a shame that someone would sell there name to market such a garbage app.

O.k I installed this. While I was installing it I had M$ Anti-Spyware block anything that had to do with the spyware crap. SO no toolbars, no adds and no spyware from this program for me :)

With that being said it looks like it might be something. It is still to young to say ... There is the usual thing with torrents though; 1 or 0 seeders and 150 downloaders. As it grows I am sure that will change. Also they have a light version out, it is supposed to be add free. Kinda like Kazaa lite is. Here is info on it: http://www.exlite.net/ .. I tried to install it. It keeps asking for a serial ..

Johnny said:
O.k I installed this. While I was installing it I had M$ Anti-Spyware block anything that had to do with the spyware crap. SO no toolbars, no adds and no spyware from this program for me :)

With that being said it looks like it might be something. It is still to young to say ... There is the usual thing with torrents though; 1 or 0 seeders and 150 downloaders. As it grows I am sure that will change. Also they have a light version out, it is supposed to be add free. Kinda like Kazaa lite is. Here is info on it: http://www.exlite.net/ .. I tried to install it. It keeps asking for a serial ..

from http://www.exlite.net/ FAQ page :

3. Do I need a serial?
No, you DO NOT need a serial to use eXlite, simply close the serial window that pops up on startup

edit: running ExLite right now, and it is some sweet stuff indeed. It even founda movie I couldnt find anywhere. fast query results, good download speeds on popular files and a the "new files" tab is nice. just likea tracker.

it needs a serial because it is based off of the private beta of exeem version .18, so when they make it based off of the open beta you won't need serial.

Dreamwill said:
from http://www.exlite.net/ FAQ page :

edit: running ExLite right now, and it is some sweet stuff indeed. It even founda movie I couldnt find anywhere. fast query results, good download speeds on popular files and a the "new files" tab is nice. just likea tracker.

O.k I had to "Close" it. I was clicking the o.k button. Stupid me lol ..

Hmm, A friend installed exeem and hasn't found any references to Cydoor on his PC.

Give the thing a chance!!!

It's still in Beta, of course it's going to have bugs, they exlpain that on their front page, the Cydoor thing is explained properly that it's for ads (no diff than having ads on a website imho) and you can get a 'lite' version from another guy if ya want.

EVERY P2P client is used for Warez, that's what drives the whole thing, even though there are legit uses for them. All P2P networks have to start from somewhere and this is only the start of a new network, remember that there is no BitTorrent network only webpages with links to files, so it takes time for the user base to grow. Of course your not going to find millions of files!

eDonkey, Kazaa, WinMX and all the rest of them where crap when they first started aswell.

</rant>

The thing with the full version is that it forces you to install "looks amrt" toolbar, as well as change your home page to looksmart.com. I feel using the lite version would be the best option. As; it doesn't have any spyware in it ..

Doomed why you mean you might have to pay for a game or program ?

GOD FORBID how dare they make us pay for stuff !!

lolol

At least one torrent site does not like what has been done to eXeem and are banning it's use.
Maybe more will follow?

There has been tons and tons ... and tons of talk about eXeem being the new way to use peer to peer.

We at LokiTorrent completely agree. The premise of eXeem sounds quite nice. The unfortunate fact remains that the once great people at suprnova are not in control of this application. Many of suprnova's higher-ups have left the once-great site as a result of this fact.

Touted as the savior of peer-to-peer, eXeem ended up becoming nothing more than a new version of KaZaa, cydoor spyware included.

Early warning of this began when news came out of eXeem being closed-source, a world-known indicator that someone has become too greedy and any chance of it being 'for the community' are forfeit.

We sincerely wish the people at suprnova the best in future endeavors, but it is apparent that signing up with an 'unnammed corporation' was the undoing of what could have been the 'next best thing' in peer-to-peer community sharing.

We hope that, and will continue to work towards, peer-to-peer becoming a viable alternative for those not wishing to pay 90% of the profits made from their hard work and talent to the likes of the MPAA and RIAA to distribute their works. This is, after all, why peer-to-peer exists; the spead of information and creative works by those who wish to share them with the world, actually be able to share them without having to ask permission to do so from the money-hungry distributers hell-bent on making a mockery of the great concept of the internet.

In light of these facts, the new application eXeem has been banned from our site. This does not mean that we at LokiTorrent are not supportive of new forms of peer-to-peer, but simply that we don't wish our members to submit to spyware privacy invasion in order to simply share files.

Best wishes,

The LokiTorrent Staff

Cheers to LokiTorrent. After it's release, I wonder if anyone expected anything else? ... the next big thing? Bah ... not the way it is right now.

Couldn't agree more. I think Torrent servers people should make a similar move to the eDonkey server people, and forbid non-GPL clients from using their servers.

D.

Well at least I am not alone in my opinion :)
Was starting to think I was over-ruled.

I feel a poll coming on!

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back