Execute file remotely via FTP

P

Powerchordpunk

I need to execute a batch file which will execute another application remotely via ftp. I have a server which supports the SITE EXEC command (which allows me to execute programs remotely). I can use this command to execute batch files which then execute other programs, but the problem I have lies in the fact that my ftp server starts as a system process.

Normally, when you locally execute a batch file that in turn starts 1 or more programs, the batch file not being a system process but rather a process for a specific user, starts the program(s) as specific user processes, for the same user that executed the batch file.

I want to have the program i want start for a specific user, executed remotely, but i can't do that now, since all programs executed remotely end up being a system process.

For example (a rather bad example), I can start edonkey as a system process remotely via ftp from school if i forget to turn it on before i leave, but this means that when I get home, I can't work with the program since its a system process, started by a batch file executed by a system process (ftp server).

Is there any solution to my predicament so I can execute remotely so programs start as a process for a specific user using the file transfer protocol? Right now, all I can do successfully is print jobs w/ notepad because i know the command line and it doesn't matter if its a system process. Is there some batch file command that specifically starts a program as a process for a specific user?

Thanks for your help. sorry for confusing you if i did.

If the computer is windows, adding runas (username) (program name) in front of the program name will work if it works like the Run Box :p

On linux I dont know how :(

Lol, a silly pirate trying to get good stuff by using an FTP server.

Lame....

I remember the days when that used to be popular. Goes along with the whole HTTP pirate thing.

lol ....FTP is far superior to P2P ...tho a tad bit more complicated these days :)

just as a footnote http is also alive and well :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back