.exe translation

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Is there any way to translate the text that is in an exe file? The one file i have is in Chinese, which obviously i can't read otherwise i wouldn't be asking this.

Do you mean the text that is output by running the executable? Or do you mean the text IN the executable? If it is text within the executable (you found it by editing the code) you can copy and paste it to this web site http://world.altavista.com/ It's a translator. But beware, Chinese is VERY hard to translate, I dunno what kind of success you will have.

do you mean something along these lines:

InstallExporer Port 2004-06-04

InstallExporer Port for Total Commander. InstallExplorer is a FAR plugin (© Sergei Wanin) that can explore and unpack exe-files created with Wise, Vise, Inno Setup, Gentee, Installer, InstallShield, NullSoft Installer (ver>=1.1o), SetupFactory, Eschalon. Contains both InstallExporer Port for Total Commander and InstallExplorer 3.0 for FAR.

http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/IETotal.html

Translate it yes. Do the cut and paste above. But if you want to put it back in as English so you have an English language version that will get messy with the string lengths requiring manual you to fill with blanks and if the English string is too long you may be hosed.

If this is a big job and you want to automate it you could write a program to search on the binary for each chinese character and then replace them with English strings. My understanding of chinese is weak but their idiograms carry a lot more meaning (sort of a bigger alphabet) than English letters so the original string lengths may be too short to hold the translations.

Doing this with European based languages is easier but can still cause string length issues. Asia has fundamentally different language systems so it is not really compatible with direct translation.

Rotsa Ruck. ;-)

meh. i kinda gave up on it. lol. thanks for the help anyway. maybe someone else might find it useful as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back