Exchange / Outlook Contacts Problems

saeltmarae2k

OSNN Addict
Hey guys,

I'm hoping that someone can help me out with a problem we are having at work. We just installed Exchange 03 (upgraded form an old generic POP3 server) and everything, so far, is running very smoothly. We are, though, having problems with contacts in Outlook. We have 'internal' contacts that are updating properly when syncing with Exchange. There are several users, including myself, that have other contacts in my contacts folder that are outside of the organization. I can view/access them in Outlook 03 and 07 via the Contacts tab in the lower right. I cannot, however, access them when I click the "to" button in a new message (but can see/access the internal company contacts...am I making sense?). What could be wrong here?

TIA

Perhaps you have the wrong address book selected?
Click on the To button and you should see the address book selection in the top right (or so... using Outlook 2007 here so may differ if your version also differs)

Perhaps you have the wrong address book selected?
Click on the To button and you should see the address book selection in the top right (or so... using Outlook 2007 here so may differ if your version also differs)

The only address book that has anything in it is the Global one. My internal contacts are there. The other options there are all empty.

You need to add the Outlook address book as a service to use lookup up functions in the address book (note: you should still be able to browse your contacts and send a mail directly from the contact).

Rather than writing out all the steps, I'll just link to the Microsoft article that walks you through each step.

edit: once this has all been done, you should have an option for an "outlook address book/Contacts" in your address book.

You need to add the Outlook address book as a service to use lookup up functions in the address book (note: you should still be able to browse your contacts and send a mail directly from the contact).

Rather than writing out all the steps, I'll just link to the Microsoft article that walks you through each step.

edit: once this has all been done, you should have an option for an "outlook address book/Contacts" in your address book.

Seems to have done the trick...thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back