Excel XP Issue

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I have an annoying problem with Excel.

I'm working two rather large spreadsheets, containing about 3,000 records in each. From time to time, I transfer records from one to another, needing to do a CTRL + F (Find feature) to find the record I need on the other. Most of the time this works fine, but once and a while it will say can't find and then I scroll to it manually and find it.

Anyone know a fix for this? I am running Office XP with SP3 and all other updates applied. The option is not present to try with any other version of office, such as 2007 betas or Office System.

i have found sometimes clicking the top left box that highlights the workbook helps this feature.

If multiple cells are selected, the Find will only search the selected cells.. Venom's method, since it is selected all the cells, expands the scope of the search to all the cells (since you just selected all the cells)

I'll keep an eye on that, as the issue is hard to re-produce to actually test anything. Maybe with all the switching back and forth I actually have cells selected, will report back.

-edit-

I think that did the trick as it just happened again and then I noticed I had a block already selected. Going back and forth with all this stuff, can't believe I didn't notice that :eek:

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back