Excel problem when copying and pasting

homesick1337

Computer Lover
Excel Question:

Why is it when I copy my work from one excel document with dates in it. Along with other things i.e currency using the copy command it pastes the wrong dates in the field.

I.E 3/2/07 becomes 3/1/02 Whats more weird is both spreedsheets retain the same formula yet the date is total different even with the same formula. I got no clue why.

But when I copy then paste in notepad then paste in excel theres no problem.

Sorry just a weird question for you excel experts. I don't understand the reason for this.

Based off of what you said, it seems to be taking some formatting with it that it shouldn't? Doesn't make much sense, but I do use Notepad a lot for just the reason you describe. For example, when copying/pasting something from a website, document, spreadsheet whatever - I always go to Notepad first to strip the formatting and attributes. If it works after you go through Notepad, I think something is coming that messes with your new spreadsheet.

Something to try, instead of a straight CTRL + V I am pretty sure there is something like a "Paste Special" in Excel

Read this -

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=40

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back