• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Evternal Firewire Harddrive

Well i have an external drive bay, with a harddrive in it, connected via firewire. the problem is. whenever i restart my computer i have to unplug the firewire cable and plug it back in. is this normal? becuase i really don't like to do it everytime ;p and i am running windowsxp pro

Taurus

hardware monkey
i don't think anyone really does.

i played with an external firewire harddrive for a while and am pretty sure it was present after a restart just fine. don't know what the problem could be, sorry.
:(

B

bush dogg

I had this happen when I installed an external harddrive (firewire & USB) a few months ago I went into the bios and set mine not to boot from external drive. Mine boots fine now with the external drive connected I don't remember all the details off the top of my head if you have not got it working post back and I will go into my bios and will post all that I did. But it's in the bios :cool:

B

bush dogg

Well I went into my bios tonight to remember what I did and here is what I did that worked for me.
went to bios then advanced bios features then boot other device and set it to disabled.
This worked for me hope it helps. :cool:

B

bush dogg

Yep go into bios again and make sure you saved the changes.
I remember one time I was in the bios to change some things and got to looking at other things and forget why I was in there the changes worked once the next time I booted they didn't then I remembered? When I saved the changes all worked fine.

B

bush dogg

I'm at a loss then? maybe set your harddrive with the OS on it to first boot device? see what happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies