Evga Nvidia 6800 upgrade

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
Well not sure if you know, but evga lets you upgrade an evga card you bought within 90 days of purchase for the difference of the two cards.

So i was thinking or going up to the 6800GT or maybe the ultra, but i heard the ultra is not worth going to, if you have a GT.

Should i bother will i see a marked increase in games. Right now i have a real hign end system, but i just downloaded and ran 3dmark05, and my framerate most of the time was a staggering 5-10fps, thats crap no matter how you look at it. Would a GT increase this a lot.

Thanks guys.

The Ultra has the gucci factor.
I don't know the difference between the standard 6800 and the GT, but th eGT is very popular. The ultra is obviously clocked higher, but there is no straight line between cost and speed.

standard 6800 == 12 pipe v/s 16 pipe for GT and Ultra... better performance @ high end (ie filtering applied @ high red) with the GT and Ultra's...

ultra's are worth it if you wanna go real high end...

i have an eVGA 6800 Ultra with a modded GT bios.. the GT bios has tighter memory timings than the Ultra.. I would get a GT beef up its cooling and clock it to Ultra speeds..

I was going to purchase a 6800GT myself before i found the card i have now.. its the eVGA 6800 Limited Edition (not to be confused with the 6800LE).. it was an Ultra card with a defect so they clocked it down to 350/1100..turns out the bios was the culprit..so a quick flash and it was a full fledged ultra again..not bad for $340 USD :)

sickboi sounds like a good plan, but as the limited edition suggests i know they only have a small amount of those on sale, so i reckon the're probably all gone now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back