EVGA nForce 680i SLI

LordOfLA

Godlike!
I promised in another thread that I'd post details of the above named board once mine arrived and was installed.

Well its arrived and is operating my PC now :)

Photo of the board and some of it installed are HERE courtesy of my Nokia N95 and its integration with flickr :)

Right away I've noticed a significant performance increase over the old board (Asus P5W-DH Deluxe) cemeting my suspicion that it was faulty. The new board is also operating my RAM at the speed it is rated at not 2 notches down the ladder. RAID performance (RAID0 at the moment) is increased over the old board as is networking.

I'll post on stability in a few days :)

In all I highly recommend this board to anyone seeking to upgrade their machines.

Nice tidy setup, the case looks like a great setup! One thing though, I would have thought you would have gone for a P35 board instead seeing as you went with an ATI card? :S

You told me to ensure I got a board with the i975x chipset, what's the big deal with the self contradiction? :laugh:

EVGA is on a rampage, and that 680i chipset is awesome. I love my superclocked 8800GTS 640MB, and I'd love to pair it up with this board and some quad core goodness.

Nice tidy setup, the case looks like a great setup! One thing though, I would have thought you would have gone for a P35 board instead seeing as you went with an ATI card? :S

Because the P35 is a downgrade and this ATI will be replaced in the next 6 weeks unless ATI fix their OpenGL driver.

EVGA 680i is my favorite board/chipset at the moment, easy for overclocking and good intuitive controls in BIOS.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back