EVGA nForce 680i SLI

LordOfLA

Godlike!
I promised in another thread that I'd post details of the above named board once mine arrived and was installed.

Well its arrived and is operating my PC now :)

Photo of the board and some of it installed are HERE courtesy of my Nokia N95 and its integration with flickr :)

Right away I've noticed a significant performance increase over the old board (Asus P5W-DH Deluxe) cemeting my suspicion that it was faulty. The new board is also operating my RAM at the speed it is rated at not 2 notches down the ladder. RAID performance (RAID0 at the moment) is increased over the old board as is networking.

I'll post on stability in a few days :)

In all I highly recommend this board to anyone seeking to upgrade their machines.

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Nice tidy setup, the case looks like a great setup! One thing though, I would have thought you would have gone for a P35 board instead seeing as you went with an ATI card? :S

Unleashed

We Speak Geek
You told me to ensure I got a board with the i975x chipset, what's the big deal with the self contradiction? :laugh:

Petros

Thief IV
EVGA is on a rampage, and that 680i chipset is awesome. I love my superclocked 8800GTS 640MB, and I'd love to pair it up with this board and some quad core goodness.

LordOfLA

Godlike!
Nice tidy setup, the case looks like a great setup! One thing though, I would have thought you would have gone for a P35 board instead seeing as you went with an ATI card? :S

Because the P35 is a downgrade and this ATI will be replaced in the next 6 weeks unless ATI fix their OpenGL driver.

mfarley

OSNN Senior Addict
EVGA 680i is my favorite board/chipset at the moment, easy for overclocking and good intuitive controls in BIOS.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonioPR