every movie, file whatever is dark?

bat

Cold Fury
since i formated every movie i open in wmp, vlc, quicktime is dark no matter what it is or where it came from. what the hell is going on?

install latest drivers (or if already latest, downgrade them), check directx is up to date.

dark like no picture? Is there audio? It might be a codec issue. Download XviD or DivX codecs and see if that fixes anything.

Use the k-lite codec pack its great after that all kinds of multimedia files will have the codec's they need.

I have video (really dark, can hardly see the picture) and audio. I've tried 3 different sets of drivers, reinstalled all the codecs, have the current directx and still nothing :dead:

which player? if using windows media player, disable overlays (iirc somewhere in the performance tab in settings). if using media player classic, set VMR9.

Most movies (60%) I view on the PC are dark (store bought and downloaded). It seems to be the in thing in hollywood to shoot the movies too dark. My wife rants about this too.

When you reformatted all of your video card and monitor adjustments made previously were erase. So you need to re-tweak for the viewing level you like

1) You need calibrate your monitor. Google "monitor calibration". Ignore the ads for software. All you need is the pictures on the free website. Monitors dim and drift as they get older. Adjustment should be checked every 6 months. Adjust the contrast and brightness at the monitor controls. That way if you reformat nothing is lost.

2) You need to set the Gamma for your video card. Displays (CRT and LCD) do not represent light intensity the same way nature does. They are non-linear and drift with age. A different video card may also set the curve differently. My monitor is getting old and my current video card seems to have had a too high Gamma. I just adjusted it last night and when playing BF 2142 afterwards went WOW. All the details (like where the guy shooting me was hiding) is now visible.

The video controls on the players allow you to adjust brightness and contrast but the results are disappointing compared to adjusting the monitor and video card correctly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back